Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some help
Sep 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
All right, so as of right now my DAP is a Sony NWZ-S545, but soon I'll be getting either a Cowon J3 or C3. The IEM's I will be using are the Phonak Audeo PFE-121(?), but what I'm most concerned about with looking for an amp, is to drive my Grado SR80's. When listening quietly, the music sounds very distant. And to get the best sound out of the Grado's the volume has to be pretty loud. So I'm looking for as cheap as possible with an amp right now. Just a beginners amp so to speak. When I have more funds available I will get a better amp. But any help is greatly appreciated as I know nothing about portable headphone amps right now. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 4
If you go to the Head Gear page and look under portable amps that would probably be a good starting point.  The top portable amp is the PA2V2 I think and its like $60.  The CMoyBB which is the one in the Altoids tin is the same price.  Both have a following.  I hope to get the latter at some point.  Just read a bunch of different reviews.  Unfortunately for me that's all I can afford to do at the moment.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 4
If your music sounds too distant, it is not an amp that you need. That is the character of your phone, Just save up your money and get a better phone.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back