overpriced cables
Jul 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

William007

500+ Head-Fier
I've got a question about a cable http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3859 is this cable way to overpriced? or should i just make a cable myself? if so can somebody link me to some good RCA connectors, i'll be using this cable to connect my Schiit Asgard to my Sony CDP- 101 so it doesn't have to be very long. And does there a 5pin DIN plug exist? to make a new cable from my thorens TD145 mkii to my pre amp to my amp.
Thanks, William

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 43
Jul 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 43
Quote:
What are the 'best' rca plugs?

the best rca plugs are the ones your budget permits, and the associated components to be used with...
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 43
Quote:
Monster cables have never been good for what you pay for.

Not to mention that your money spent on Monster products goes toward paying their attorneys who go around suing every business that uses the word "Monster" even though they have absolutely nothing to do with anything Monster Cable makes, like a children's ski instruction program called Snow Monsters. Or a small vintage clothing store called Monster Vintage.

They're shameless.

se

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 43
Not to mention that your money spent on Monster products goes toward paying their attorneys who go around suing every business that uses the word "Monster" even though they have absolutely nothing to do with anything Monster Cable makes, like a children's ski instruction program called Snow Monsters. Or a small vintage clothing store called Monster Vintage.

They're shameless.

se

Yep i personally HATE monster :) i was just asking because everything they sell in the local store is monster crap:mad:

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

They're shameless.

se

Or attempting to sue companies that dare use RCA connectors on their cables! Didn't they go after blue jeans (or a sister company of BJC) for that, for supposedly ripping off their amazing TURBINE (TM) RCA connectors even though BJC's RCA connectors are just off the shelf and look nothing like Monsters? They were in for a bit of a shock when they found out that the owner was a lawyer who happened to know his rights.

Nothing with the word Monster Cable on it has ever been a good value. Aside from paying attorney's fees, your money also goes towards Noel Lee's Ferraris, which he lets his best salesmen take joy rides in. The only cables I've ever used that were broken straight out of the box or later fell apart were Monster. Lesson learned.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #12 of 43
Quote:
Or attempting to sue companies that dare use RCA connectors on their cables! Didn't they go after blue jeans (or a sister company of BJC) for that, for supposedly ripping off their amazing TURBINE (TM) RCA connectors even though BJC's RCA connectors are just off the shelf and look nothing like Monsters? They were in for a bit of a shock when they found out that the owner was a lawyer who happened to know his rights.

HA!

Oh yeah, I remember that. LOVED IT!

se

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

They're shameless.

se

Had no idea about that.  Now I dislike them even more.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Nothing with the word Monster Cable on it has ever been a good value. Aside from paying attorney's fees, your money also goes towards Noel Lee's Ferraris, which he lets his best salesmen take joy rides in. The only cables I've ever used that were broken straight out of the box or later fell apart were Monster. Lesson learned.

Read and enjoy-

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/interview_kurt_denke_man_who_shut_monster_cable_up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back