[Outdated] Upgrading from Sennheiser Momentum iems
Jan 11, 2018 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bram416

New Head-Fier
Hey im new to the forums, so sorry if this is in the wrong category.

I'm going to be returning my Sennheiser momentum in ears within the next week since the cable at the 3.5mm jack end has ripped (I think this is a common issue). I really enjoy these iems, but I dont want to keep going back for a return everytime the cable tears.

So I figure this could be a time to upgrade, I'm willing to pay up to about $180 (Australian Dollars)

I do listen to a lot of electronic and bass heavy stuff, but im lot looking for something that is necessarily bass head focussed, since I have speakers and a sub to feel that bass. I do enjoy many other genres so im not totally bass focused.

I've been looking at the FiiO F9 (regular or pro), although I havent really found any information on what their customer support is like.

Also looking at the Shure se215, although I'd like in line controls and the se215m+ doesnt support android (I have an s8).

Any other iem suggestions would be greatly appreciated (e.g. stick with the momentums :p) just wanting to know if there are any significant upgrades I can take advantage of in this situation, thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 6
Hey im new to the forums, so sorry if this is in the wrong category.

I'm going to be returning my Sennheiser momentum in ears within the next week since the cable at the 3.5mm jack end has ripped (I think this is a common issue). I really enjoy these iems, but I dont want to keep going back for a return everytime the cable tears.

So I figure this could be a time to upgrade, I'm willing to pay up to about $180 (Australian Dollars)

I do listen to a lot of electronic and bass heavy stuff, but im lot looking for something that is necessarily bass head focussed, since I have speakers and a sub to feel that bass. I do enjoy many other genres so im not totally bass focused.

I've been looking at the FiiO F9 (regular or pro), although I havent really found any information on what their customer support is like.

Also looking at the Shure se215, although I'd like in line controls and the se215m+ doesnt support android (I have an s8).

Any other iem suggestions would be greatly appreciated (e.g. stick with the momentums :p) just wanting to know if there are any significant upgrades I can take advantage of in this situation, thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Take a look at the Simgot EN700 Pro, very good for their price.

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 6
The 1More Quad Driver is outstanding. It may be a bit over budget, but it shouldn't be by much (not sure about Au pricing). It really is a very high-performing IEM and well worth the price of admission. Just my take and YMMV, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back