Ostry KC09
Oct 2, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #31 of 33
Seems like this pair of IEMs has lost traction. I, as well, wonder how it stacks to the IT01 which apparently has been a much more popular IEMs sub $100. I might never know the answer, lol
I own both KC06A and the KC09, been listening to the KC09 for a good half a year.

I wouldn't call the KC09 a upgrade...its got more low end bass. I would pick the KC06A anytime of the day.
The cables of my KC06A cracked due to its material and its the only thing thats stopping me from purchasing another pair.

I am still looking for a successor to the KC06A. If anyone knows what is the upgrade to the warm-neutral signature of KC06A PLEASE share!

Oct 25, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #32 of 33
I'm not sure why Ostry's IEMs remain almost unknown on Head-Fi, but on Russian and Ukrainian market Ostry KC06A became a real huge hit. They offered indeed good design and pretty balanced sound for that money.

Now Ostry are back with higher end KC09 model, it's priced about $200, but it looks good and sounds pretty good too.
KC09 uses single DD with 10mm diaphragm, offering pretty neutral signature with accented lows (this can be tuned via tips)

Other specs: 32Ω of impedance, ≥101 dB of sensitivity, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
Cable is replaceable with MMCX connectors

The Ostry KC07 already hit the market. Have a chance to try those yet? If yes how do they compare to 09 in your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back