Ostry KC09
Dec 19, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #17 of 33
Has anyone got to try this as yet?

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #22 of 33
For anyone who owns and listens to the kc09, just curious as to what your preferred ear-tip is and why?
Default tip.
The sound signature reminds me a bit of my SE846. With good seal, the low freqs hit pretty hard while maintaining good resolution, definitely not loose bass. Mid is forward and just a tad on the warm side to lush out vocal. High has tiny bit more air and clarity than EDC to give vocals that nice spark.
I prefer the KC09 over EDC. For $70, IMO, it's a bargain. Impressive what we can get these days for under $100.
I am curious and want to try out EDC3 vs HEM6.

Feb 18, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #23 of 33
Default tip.
The sound signature reminds me a bit of my SE846. With good seal, the low freqs hit pretty hard while maintaining good resolution, definitely not loose bass. Mid is forward and just a tad on the warm side to lush out vocal. High has tiny bit more air and clarity than EDC to give vocals that nice spark.
I prefer the KC09 over EDC. For $70, IMO, it's a bargain. Impressive what we can get these days for under $100.
I am curious and want to try out EDC3 vs HEM6.
Were the default tips you got the ones with the built in filter or the medium bore, non-filter silicone ones?

Feb 18, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #24 of 33
Were the default tips you got the ones with the built in filter or the medium bore, non-filter silicone ones?

medium bore, non-filter silicone ones

Feb 18, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #25 of 33
For anyone who owns and listens to the kc09, just curious as to what your preferred ear-tip is and why?
I use Acoustune AET07 S size eartips. KC09 already has its own reverberation generated through the nozzle, and felt like Spiral Dots exaggerate the reverberation a bit too much. Compared to JVC Spiral Dots AET07 sounds more raw(or original), slightly brighter, and more straight-forward.

Feb 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #26 of 33
I use Acoustune AET07 S size eartips. KC09 already has its own reverberation generated through the nozzle, and felt like Spiral Dots exaggerate the reverberation a bit too much. Compared to JVC Spiral Dots AET07 sounds more raw(or original), slightly brighter, and more straight-forward.
Do you know if there is any difference between the S and M sizes of the AET07 tips regarding their sound? or is it strictly their size?

Feb 18, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #27 of 33
Do you know if there is any difference between the S and M sizes of the AET07 tips regarding their sound? or is it strictly their size?
It's strictly about the size. The M size feels slightly larger than other normal M sized eartips, that's why I'm using S for AET07 while using M for Spiral Dots.

KC09's nozzle length is more on the longer side than other iems, so S should more likely fit you if you're using M for other eartips.

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #28 of 33
It's strictly about the size. The M size feels slightly larger than other normal M sized eartips, that's why I'm using S for AET07 while using M for Spiral Dots.

KC09's nozzle length is more on the longer side than other iems, so S should more likely fit you if you're using M for other eartips.
You know of a site that regularly sells them? Could only find one and they charge more for shipping than the actual tips.

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #29 of 33
You know of a site that regularly sells them? Could only find one and they charge more for shipping than the actual tips.
I got mine directly from South Korea and Japan, so not sure about the websites. (Though 3 pairs should cost around $10)

If you want to look for alternatives, Simgot EN700 Pro & Whizzer A15 each comes with 3 pairs of eartips that are very similar, or almost identical to the AET08, both soundwise and in appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back