Oriveti OH300 + OH500 (3/5 driver hybrid IEM's) Thread
Apr 14, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #138 of 262
received my oh500 today. I'll give it some days for sound impressions.
Though I hate thate cable with a passion already.
Any recommendations for a cheap, thin and flexible cable with a right angle plug?
I don't care for "cable sound" differences.

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #139 of 262
So what silicon tips do you guys prefer? i think the wide bore black tips sound better than the white ones. I tried final e tips and spin fits. Not sure about those

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #141 of 262
I think I should get some spiral dots finally. Enjoying the oh500 so far. Perfect dosed low end with good body. In the mids maybe a tad hot, but relaxed upper mids and well done treble. Detailed, without forcing it into ones ear. Too bad it is not very popular.

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #142 of 262
Listened to all kind of music genres with the oh500 and they work with everything I threw at them. A thing I didn't noticed at first is how spacious these sound for an IEM. In such a fun signature without being offensive. Soo good

Apr 25, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #143 of 262
For those who have used the OH500 and the new primacys, how is the fit difference on the OH500? The New primacy was one of the most comfortable iems I ever wore and loved how they sat flush in the ear (i.e. - could sleep with them on). Looking at the OH500 and wondering if despite the larger size the fit feels similar. Thanks!

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #144 of 262
I did demo the new primacy in a store some time ago. So this is from memory. The fit was indeed great with the new primacy. The oh500 does not sit flush in my ears. It protrudes a bit. Its still a comfortable fit without pressure points but not on the same level as the new primacy. I doubt it is possible to sleep with them on.

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #145 of 262
Ah great thanks for the note! I may still try them anyway given what I’m hearing about the sound signature and experiences with the onp. :). Using an it04 which is great but starting to get a bit too bright for me and the fit isn’t the best

May 2, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #146 of 262
After being busy with others IEMs lately, time to come back to the OH500 tonight. A whole session with the DTR1 and the Phatlab Chimera. I notice how much I've missed the OH500. The punchy bass, the nice mediums and the detailed yet smooth treble. These are real keepers. Chi-Fi at its best.

May 3, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #147 of 262
True words, after a couple of weeks I think I actually prefer them to my moondrop S8. While the moondrop does sound more realistic with acoustic music the oh500 is just the more enjoyable and versatile listen for me. Comfort is pretty good although they protrude a bit. And I am happy that the isolation is way better than expected for being vented.

May 6, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #148 of 262
Got the oh500 yesterday and hate to admit it, but I’m kinda disappointed with them. Listen to a lot of different styles of music and distorted guitar sounds pretty brittle and harsh. Feel like I’m doing something wrong considering everything I read said “warm“ and “smooth”. Do they need to break in more? I’m powering them with a dragonfly cobalt. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back