ORIVETI BASIC - a $99 Dynamic Single-Driver In-Ear. Impressions, Reviews & Discussions.
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #31 of 58
I'm very intrigued by these.

Would anybody care to give some more impressions as very little is known about them. The sound signature sounds a lot like the Yamaha eph-100. Can anybody confirm?

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #32 of 58
  I'm very intrigued by these.

Would anybody care to give some more impressions as very little is known about them. The sound signature sounds a lot like the Yamaha eph-100. Can anybody confirm?

I haven't heard the EPH-100, however judging by the graph of it, it might well be that the BASIC and the Yamaha might sound somewhat comparable (the ORIVETI might have a tad less bass and warmth in the root).

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #35 of 58
The only issue I have found with this iem is the connectors. The right driver connects and disconnects easily enough, but the left driver is a very, very tight fitting, to the point that I have to use a small piece of clothing to disconnect them (I came across the same issue with the Titan 3 but both sides are tight on that iem). Is not a mayor concern as I don't connect and disconnect my cables often, but still something worth mentioning. Has anybody come across this situation, or is something common with MMCX connectors?

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #36 of 58
This earphone seems like it would be great for electronic music, any comments? I'd love to see a comparison between it and the Shozy Zero.. Looking forward to your review Brooko!

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #37 of 58
@HiFiChris has both and I think he can simply paste a piece from our PMs where he compared Basic vs Zero :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #38 of 58
Re: Zero vs. BASIC: Some of my thoughts on it that I shared with @mgunin in the PM he mentioned:

Yep, the ORIVETI BASIC model review is in the makes and might be online by the middle of the next week. :)

Sub-bass and lower midbass quantity are comparable, however the BASIC has got the less full lower mids/root. The Zero has got the more pronounced 8 kHz and 3 kHz range, so it will sound brighter in the treble.

I find the BASIC's treble to be more even and natural whereas the Zero's is a little less natural. In terms of bass speed/tightness, the Zero is definitely ahead. Detail retrieval is probably a bit higher on the Zero's side as well.
The BASIC's soundstage is somewhat more open and spacious to my ears.

Personally and therefore subjectively I prefer the BASIC more though (the Zero is a bit too forward in the 100 to 500 Hz range for my tastes), even though I would give the edge to the Zero when it comes to technical level.

[...]

Might be that the Hidizs probably has a moderate roll-off in the highs, or what could also be is that there are more than one versions of the Zero (iIrc, one member mentioned that he bought two, one from Penon and one from Massdrop, and that both differ in diameter, so it could well be that Shozy was also experimenting with (slightly) different tuning options with the pre-alpha/beta versions of the Zero).

No, the ["old"] PRIMACY is definitely in a (much?) higher league overall [compared to the BASIC], but also differently tuned than the BASIC (more forward upper midrange, less emphasised bass). [...] Very enjoyable for the price indeed nonetheless, although not perfect (the bass is a bit too soft for example, nonetheless I really like it and think that it is the successful turn-out of what the Brainwavz M100 wanted to be but failed to achieve).

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #39 of 58
Thank you very much for the detailed comparison. Too bad the bass is on the loose side but what can you do. The Zero is quite the performer but just a tad less than ideal for me comfort wise.

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #41 of 58
Wouldn't it make more sense to get a different earphone at this price point? Any custom cable would exceed the cost of the earphones by a good amount.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #42 of 58
Nathan checks out the Oriveti Basic and finds out that especially the bass surprises him...

http://www.headfonia.com/review-oriveti-basic-bassic/

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #43 of 58
Nathan checks out the Oriveti Basic and finds out that especially the bass surprises him...

http://www.headfonia.com/review-oriveti-basic-bassic/

Nice, except the hifiheadphones link mentioned on the second page takes you to your site review of the andromeda!

Mar 17, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #44 of 58
Just posted my take on the BASICs. When judged in comparison to similarly priced and featured earphones, they are truly very impressive. I was lucky enough to have both the Shure SE215 and Westone UM 10 Pro on hand when I wrote the review so I added some detailed comparison. Hope that helps some readers out, I know the Shure's in particular are immensely popular around this price range. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/oriveti-basic-whole-aluminium-body-high-fidelity-cable-detachable-in-ear-headphones-matt-black/reviews/18224

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #45 of 58
Just got my Oriveti Basic and I love their warm, natural sound.

Unfortunately, none of the stock tips seem to seal well for me. Anyone here try tip-rolling? Which tips did you settle on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back