ORIVETI BASIC - a $99 Dynamic Single-Driver In-Ear. Impressions, Reviews & Discussions.
Apr 6, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #46 of 58
Just got my Oriveti Basic and I love their warm, natural sound.

Unfortunately, none of the stock tips seem to seal well for me. Anyone here try tip-rolling? Which tips did you settle on?

The JVC spiral dots fit well as do Spinfits, you can get them for $5 a pair on penon, they're grossly overpriced elsewhere.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #48 of 58

I don't find JVC spiral dots on penon, can you post link?

Sorry, meant the Spinfits, you can buy the Spiral dots from Dopaminer on eBay, he ships them straight from Japan.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #50 of 58
  Ryan,

Thank you for the response! Which Spinfit model ended up working for you- the CP800 or CP100? Also, how would you say the JVC Spiral Dot tips changed the sound? Did they seal better than stock?

The CP100's fit perfectly, the CP800's will be too tight. The Spiral Dots give you a slightly brighter sound, they bring out the treble a bit and also add a touch of clarity to the midrange. I think they might actually be slightly shallower fitting than the stock tips, but they are softer and seal/isolate very well. The Spinfits have a longer stem and sit deeper than the stock tips though they are quite thin and don't isolate quite as much. They give a slightly more v-shaped sound in my experience, so they're sonically a better fit for the New Primacy over the BASIC. If you're really struggling with fitment on the BASIC, the Spinfits should do the trick and the Spiral Dots are pretty darn comfy too, I personally prefer the Spiral Dots on both sound and fit as the BASIC already has quite a long nozzle.

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #53 of 58
Hi everyone, here's my take:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...dphones-matt-black.22150/reviews#review-18515
20170430_200102.jpg

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #55 of 58
I am wondering if anyone here has experienced this issue with the basic. When I listen to bass heavy music, from the right ear piece there is this noise like something is moving/clinking inside. The noise itself is subtle, but spoils the enjoyment and occurs more when I am moving around.

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #56 of 58
Can anyone compare these to the Pinnacle P1?
With the new Massdrop version, they are comparably priced. I had the P1 and found it a little bass-light.

Basic has more bass (from all reports), but I guess P1 is in a higher class in general. On the other hand, tonality is probably more important.

Oct 5, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #58 of 58
This is written after only few months of use and also not that often as well, so please take my impression with a pinch of salt.

I cannot remember when I exactly bought the Basic, but I knew that after testing them out brifely with the already extinct Sony ZX1, I find them to be already impressive in my experiences with playing around with earphones and sources.

Since then, I have switch the stock cable to the ones of Ibaso IT01 (based on my experiences with the stock Ibasso IT01, they have the mids and highs that I find to be slightly more than acceptable) as I was guessing that with the latter set of cables, maybe the Basic may sound much brighter as I find the sound with the former set of cables to be too dark for my personal taste.

After a few months of use (not as often as I want to obviously), in my opinion, they have always been the best when it comes to heavy bass based music, yet also decent with a drum kit as well.

But I still do not find them fit for example, an experimental album only consist of a clean-sounding electric guitar and an electric bass guitar. Normally, I will just use the stock New Primacy to do the job instead.

Basically speaking, if you want to buy it only with the stock cable, in my opinion, think twice. But once again, they are great with heavy bass.

Thanks for taking the time to read if you have just did so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back