ORIVETI BASIC - a $99 Dynamic Single-Driver In-Ear. Impressions, Reviews & Discussions.
Dec 20, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #16 of 58
113d540f90ca91ef110d1aefb866af73.jpg

Here is a frequency response of BASIC iem from Marco.
Hope, he won't hate me...

Nice peak at sibilance area

Nah, the most "sibilant" area is around 8khz. I think that 5-6 khz bump made for "presence" and "punchiness".
I guess @HiFiChris have a pair of Basics, so he can tell us more about it

Sibilance occurs at different frequencies for different people - so there are no hard and fast rules

Mine just arrived - interested to see how they sound

Brooko nailed it. Sensitivity to sibilance varies by person. I'm more like Glebuzzz. 8k tends to bother me,so I'm guessing the Oriveti Basic would, as HiFiChris already hinted at, be an enjoyable listen for me.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #18 of 58
  Questions for owners:
1) What about durability (i know, kinda stupid question but...)? Particularly interesting in these plastic connectors in housing.

2) Is it real MMCX or modified?

Really looking forward to read more sound impressions and some comparisons to other IEMs. 

1) - The plastic connector not just Soft TPE outside, it has the hard PP plastic inside to hold the MMCX connector.  

2) - It's a real MMCX, other cable with standard MMCX can be used.

Yeah, more reviews will come. :)

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 58
I have a pair, just started to really jam them. I gotta say, they are pretty damn bassy, Even still, they don't seem to bleed to much into the rest of the frequencies. It almost sounds like a dual driver in that aspect, like a neutral mid and treble tuning with a subwoofer cannon accompanying it. I likey :)

More to come

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #20 of 58
Would love impressions, especially a possible comparison to the Aurisonic Rockets.

Friend, I will do a comparison in my review. For now picture a pair of rockets with a subwoofer attached to it. That is is Oriveti Basic in a nutshell.

Cheers

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #23 of 58
  I have a pair, just started to really jam them. I gotta say, they are pretty damn bassy, Even still, they don't seem to bleed to much into the rest of the frequencies. It almost sounds like a dual driver in that aspect, like a neutral mid and treble tuning with a subwoofer cannon accompanying it. I likey :)

More to come

Hi Vince, Happy New year.
Happy New Primacy too ?!? 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #24 of 58
just got mine, out of the box they are indeed bassy but definitely not muddy. loving the warm mids like the primacy. highs are present but not as textured. didn't notice any peaks or sibilance so these are definitely great iems for daily use :)

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #28 of 58
These are probably the most comfortable, easy to wear ies that I have ever owned. They are small, weight almost nothing, are super easy to drive and sound great for the price (a much better deal than the Shure 215, and I would definitely recommend them over them.

Absolutely agree with you. I really like them. Bass is so addictive. Even from iPhone. Ideal goto earphones.

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #29 of 58

testing the new primacy 8 core on the basic. i like this set up better. you do get less bass, but it has better control. i also got more body on the mids and better extentions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back