ORIVETI BASIC - a $99 Dynamic Single-Driver In-Ear. Impressions, Reviews & Discussions.
Nov 24, 2016 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

robervaul

500+ Head-Fier
The new Oriveti Basic 1 DD is in pre-order on official website for $99.
13d164_607e2582e8e04961897a5069265c3de0~mv2_d_1609_1764_s_2.jpg

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 58
It's probably time to start a new thread for their single-dynamic BASIC in-ears, as they have been released as far as I know. Anyhow, I already got one in for review.

To make it very brief from my brief listening sessions with it, I think it does the things the Brainwavz M100 wanted to do better when it comes to tonality. It sounds laid-back, bassy, smooth and dark without becoming too unnatural. I guess you'd mostly like its sound signature, @nmatheis.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 58
It's probably time to start a new thread for their single-dynamic BASIC in-ears, as they have been released as far as I know. Anyhow, I already got one in for review.

To make it very brief from my brief listening sessions with it, I think it does the things the Brainwavz M100 wanted to do better when it comes to tonality. It sounds laid-back, bassy, smooth and dark without becoming too unnatural. I guess you'd mostly like its sound signature, @nmatheis

Well, I'd certainly be willing to give them a try sometime :wink:

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #9 of 58
Sibilance occurs at different frequencies for different people - so there are no hard and fast rules

Mine just arrived - interested to see how they sound

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #10 of 58
13d164_d9e3a240cfc640409b35ad59793a42ea.png

Company Website: http://www.oriveti.com/

Head-Fi Product Page:

ORIVETI BASIC: http://www.head-fi.org/products/oriveti-basic-whole-aluminium-body-high-fidelity-cable-detachable-in-ear-headphones-matt-black

ORIVETI is a rather new company on the market, having established in 2015.
Although they are new, they have experienced people in their team who are in the industry for more than 10 years - which could be well heard, as their first product, the PRIMACY in-ears, which are triple-driver hybrid in-ears with a three-way crossover that have been discontinued and were since replaced by the NEW PRIMACY, were delicately tuned for a smooth, unexciting (in a very positive way) signature that I'd described as a more relaxed v-shape, however no frequency band was missing.

Following the success of their hybrid model, they released a more affordable dynamic driver in-ear, called BASIC, in late 2016. It also follows a smooth and laid-back tone, however with more warmth and bass quantity than the PRIMACY.

Based on the thread dedicated to the PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY, I started this thread to keep discussions, reviews and impressions on both products separate, so feel free to post impressions, photos, review and discussions on the BASIC in this thread.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #11 of 58
I assume that the plot above of the BASIC is the raw measurement without applied target compensation, is it?
If so, then one has to bear in mind that the level in the midrange and treble one is hearing will be lesser than on the graph (-> see "HRTF" and "open ear gain").

Imagining the compensated response from the graph above would be what I've heard so far when briefly doing sine sweeps and listening for the BASIC for ~ 7 hours so far, and would also match the measurement of my more or less calibrated and diffuse-field compensated Veritas coupler.

/edit:

It's probably best to start a new thread for the BASIC, so I decided to do it.

@Brooko Would you mind moving the previous posts dedicated to the BASIC to the new thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/829606/oriveti-basic-a-99-dynamic-single-driver-in-ear-impressions-reviews-discussions)?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #13 of 58
  I assume that the plot above of the BASIC is the raw measurement without applied target compensation, is it?
If so, then one has to bear in mind that the level in the midrange and treble one is hearing will be lesser than on the graph (-> see "HRTF" and "open ear gain").

Imagining the compensated response from the graph above would be what I've heard so far when briefly doing sine sweeps and listening for the BASIC for ~ 7 hours so far, and would also match the measurement of my more or less calibrated and diffuse-field compensated Veritas coupler.

/edit:

It's probably best to start a new thread for the BASIC, so I decided to do it.

@Brooko Would you mind moving the previous posts dedicated to the BASIC to the new thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/829606/oriveti-basic-a-99-dynamic-single-driver-in-ear-impressions-reviews-discussions)?

@HiFiChris How do you compare the Basic with the TITANS or/and any others 1DD ?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #14 of 58
@robervaul

It's too early to draw more detailed comparisons.

From what I hear though, the BASIC seems like the in-ear the Brainwavt M100 wanted to be didn't achieve, so it is a warm, smooth, laid-back and bass-forward in-ear, however without sounding woolly or overly thick and unnatural in the midrange.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #15 of 58
Questions for owners:
1) What about durability (i know, kinda stupid question but...)? Particularly interesting in these plastic connectors in housing.
2) Is it real MMCX or modified?

Really looking forward to read more sound impressions and some comparisons to other IEMs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back