Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #7,984 of 8,024
Orphy shielded. Only way to go with Orphy IMHO.
Still doesn't get old. Coming up on full 3years with Traillii OG + Orphy Shielding combo here.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #7,986 of 8,024
Always been curious about Orpheus... Go go gadget penny jar! Might have to look into one in the future.
Have you tried your FTS yet? Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #7,987 of 8,024
Have you tried your FTS yet? Look forward to hearing your impressions.
Sold the FTS with the Odin for the upgrade to Traillii :) I am actually enjoying the stock cable a lot. I will be sticking with it for a bit until the piggy bank is bloated enough for an OrphyS.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #7,988 of 8,024
Sold the FTS with the Odin for the upgrade to Traillii :) I am actually enjoying the stock cable a lot. I will be sticking with it for a bit until the piggy bank is bloated enough for an OrphyS.
Ahh ok. Better to enjoy the journey anyway! Stock cable is no slouch!

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #7,990 of 8,024
Like Amadeo said, unfortunately, mine will not come with stock cable.
I heard that Meet Agains shielding is like a mini Orphy so can't wait to test if it will work well with the bird or not.
By the way, it was also a cable that I liked. I don't know how it compares to Orphy, but I liked the combination with Bird.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #7,991 of 8,024
Remember prefering 1960 by far to FT. FT while having slightly better extended highs and lows, it took away a big chunk of the analog laid back mids magic that made Trailli so special for me in the first place.
I cannot agree with this. Going from FT to 1960 gave a warmer, more analog sound, yes, but there was a significant loss of detail, a smaller stage, and worse instrument positioning. The same goes for technical aspects like speed, definition, etc.
However, here everyone chooses a direction for themselves. For me, it would be a shame to reduce the technical potential of the Bird to get even more analog.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #7,992 of 8,024
I cannot agree with this. Going from FT to 1960 gave a warmer, more analog sound, yes, but there was a significant loss of detail, a smaller stage, and worse instrument positioning. The same goes for technical aspects like speed, definition, etc.
However, here everyone chooses a direction for themselves. For me, it would be a shame to reduce the technical potential of the Bird to get even more analog.
We basically say the same thing: for you it just a significant detail loss switching back to 1960s, for me slightly more detail at the cost of losing a certain magic with FT, I loved about that IEM.
But yes stock 1960s makes it warmer more analog, with a loss of detail compared to FT.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #7,993 of 8,024
I would hate to pay a Shielding price for a non-Shielding Orpheus :wink:
I would not want to pay the price of any Orpheus for cable at all, but we live in a world where these prices are gradually becoming more and more acceptable)

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #7,995 of 8,024
How much of a difference is there between FTS and regular FT in terms of sonic performance?

There's a listing in my local marketplace for the regular version right now. I wonder if it's a good deal or not.
To my ears, the FT sounds more analog while the FTS is more revealing, perhaps from what I hear as a darker background? I have FTS paired with Traillii and FT paired with Multiverse Mentor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back