Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 8, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #2,656 of 8,000
Jun 8, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #2,657 of 8,000
You can’t quit this hobby without experiencing the Legend X.

I may sell my Traillii… So I can fund a custom pair 😬.
Stooooooop iiiiiit!!!!!!

Edit: I might have to go over to the LX thread and see if anyone in Dallas wants to meet up so they can hear a Traillii and I can hear an LX.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #2,658 of 8,000
Now transformed into stealth black bird. I'm going to try some other colors :grin:

img3341.jpg

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #2,662 of 8,000
If I had a spare $6000 or whatever it costs now I would do it. Then just sell mine when I get the custom.
Now there's an idea..
Look at these beautiful faceplates. :)

S-4 is nice indeed. I think I like J-1 too. But it also looks very similar to the LXSE I just got. What about shell colors?

EDIT: I found info on the Oriolus site on the shell colors.

Also found this picture:

1623223248439.png

Some of these colors, e.g. S-4, look quite a bit different.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #2,663 of 8,000
Murphy's law - after buying the before mentioned IEM vaac, my IEMs / tips are so clean that there is no need to use it - maybe am also more aware of cleaning my ears almost daily after getting the bird :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #2,665 of 8,000
Jun 9, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #2,667 of 8,000
Jun 9, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #2,669 of 8,000
Now there's an idea..

S-4 is nice indeed. I think I like J-1 too. But it also looks very similar to the LXSE I just got. What about shell colors?

EDIT: I found info on the Oriolus site on the shell colors.

Also found this picture:

1623223248439.png

Some of these colors, e.g. S-4, look quite a bit different.
I think Andrew can help us confirm with Oriolus that which version of colors is closer to the actual produced units. :)

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #2,670 of 8,000
Some updated thoughts on Orpheus and Traillii…

I don’t want to hype up a $5k cable because I think the pricing is completely ridiculous, but I have to admit that it does sound very good lol. However, I am sure there are just as good sounding cables out there for far less money, so I would never say this is a “must buy” kinda thing, but if you are already down this rabbit hole like @aaf evo and I are, and are looking for a crazy purchase to match your equally crazy IEM, then look no further 😂

As usual in this game, synergy is key and even minor changes can make all the difference to how much we enjoy a sound signature. With SP2K and the stock cable, i found bird to sound more neutral and analytical in tone. Bass was fast and lean, mids were forward and on the colder side, and treble was clean and airy.

However with Orpheus, I am hearing a warmer tonality, with more pronounced bass and lower mids. Upper mids aren’t as forward compared to stock, and treble gets a bit more prominence, especially in the upper treble region.

The technicalities are incredible with this setup and I’m hearing a noticeable improvement over the stock 1960s. I’m hearing a completely black background, which is allowing me to pick up the absolute smallest of nuances and sounds in the image that I’ve genuinely never noticed before on songs that I listen to almost daily (cliche, but it’s literally what I’m hearing lol). The sheer amount of detail that’s coming through is unreal. The way the bird is rendering each note of music with such precision, clarity and speed but also maintaining note weight and texture is remarkable.

One negative thing I will say is that for some reason, I don’t like the synergy between Orpheus/Traillii and DX300 compared to stock 1960s. It seems to me like there’s enough of a tonal shift in the lower mids through to mid bass to make it sound somewhat congested in that region, and the mid bass sounds too forward which impacts sub bass texturing and rumble. It actually makes the bass sound more like BA bass. It’s strange. SP2K has a far better bass response to DX300 with this particular setup to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back