Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 9, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #2,671 of 8,027
I don’t want to hype up a $5k cable because I think the pricing is completely ridiculous, but I have to admit that it does sound very good lol. However, I am sure there are just as good sounding cables out there for far less money, so I would never say this is a “must buy” kinda thing, but if you are already down this rabbit hole like @aaf evo and I are, and are looking for a crazy purchase to match your equally crazy IEM, then look no further 😂
Crazy prices indeed. I wish we could do meet ups and compare our TOTL systems, as not that many of us can own them all at the same time.

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #2,675 of 8,027
For sure. A meet up would be awesome. I don’t know if many folks on this thread live in Australia where I am, though 😄
There's absolutely noone where I live (except @xenithon but he's on the other side of the country). Mind you, South Africa is basically at the midpoint of the UK, US and Australia, so how about all you guys meet us here! 😁

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #2,676 of 8,027
There's absolutely noone where I live (except @xenithon but he's on the other side of the country). Mind you, South Africa is basically at the midpoint of the UK, US and Australia, so how about all you guys meet us here! 😁
I actually have family in Cape Town, was planning to visit once travel is feasible again!

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #2,677 of 8,027
Sounds like a plan! Definitely gotta eat some Nandos though. I need to try it from its home country 😂 I’m a little obsessed with Nandos chicken…

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #2,678 of 8,027
I actually have family in Cape Town, was planning to visit once travel is feasible again!

Sounds like a plan! Definitely gotta eat some Nandos though. I need to try it from its home country 😂 I’m a little obsessed with Nandos chicken…
Now we're talking. You bring your stash, I'll supply eat as much as you like Nandos for the boys! We used to go out to Nandos often when we lived in Oz, reminded us of 'home' (even though it's Portuguese-style chicken!).

PS. I believe @doctorjuggles is planning a trip too. We can make this happen guys. CanJam Cape Town 2022 FTW! And in $/£/€ it'll be a cheaper holiday than local travel. $1 beers anyone? 😎

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #2,679 of 8,027
Breakfast
Cape Town 2022, that sounds incredible.

ED6010F5-17C1-4035-ADDC-EBC6E26C66A8.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #2,680 of 8,027
What's your favorite DAP pairing?

I'm starting to find that I reach out to my old DX220+Amp8EX for airy, good bite, toe-tapping, lively sound, with good sub bass. M8 has a very natural timbre for acoustic instruments but it seems a bit too soft. starting to get second thoughts of re-buying DX300 or try R8... hmmm Does R6P have more airyness/bite, sort of treble clarity?

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #2,681 of 8,027

I'm starting to find that I reach out to my old DX220+Amp8EX for airy, good bite, toe-tapping, lively sound, with good sub bass. M8 has a very natural timbre for acoustic instruments but it seems a bit too soft. starting to get second thoughts of re-buying DX300 or try R8... hmmm Does R6P have more airyness/bite, sort of treble clarity?
Exactly my same thoughts
DX Max coming back next days finally after 3 months repair travel to China and back...
Will report how that pairs but expect pretty much the signature of your DX220, Amp8 on steroids
W2 is surprisingly similar to DX220 line but as small footprint!

Curious on reports P6Pro vs N6II TI /R01...

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #2,682 of 8,027

I actually really like the Trailii out of the SP2000 with/without the C9 depending on my mood. The Hugo2/2Go also works very well with a warmer Class A presentation although the soundstage and airy layering are better in the SP2000.

However, not really a DAP but the Chord TT2 is made to make IEM's sing ... like the Trailii
I haven't heard the Trailii out of a Dave. Yet. I probably shouldn't.

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #2,683 of 8,027
Exactly my same thoughts
DX Max coming back next days finally after 3 months repair travel to China and back...
Will report how that pairs but expect pretty much the signature of your DX220, Amp8 on steroids
W2 is surprisingly similar to DX220 line but as small footprint!

Curious on reports P6Pro vs N6II TI /R01...
I’ll be curious to hear what you think of Traillii and Max. I really love Max’s sound with lots of IEM’s but I found it to be a bit too intense in the treble region with Traillii, and it could get a bit harsh and fatiguing after a while. The soundstage was massive though.

My current favourite would now be SP2K but I also liked WM1Z with bird when I had it. I haven’t heard that many different daps though.

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #2,684 of 8,027
For sure. A meet up would be awesome. I don’t know if many folks on this thread live in Australia where I am, though 😄
Yes, but you're over East.
Damned border closures. At least Victoria has come out of lockdown.
I've been asking A2A if they would like to host a small meet at some point.

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #2,685 of 8,027
Very excited to say that I’ve become a newly proud Trailli owner. Just received them and looking forward to listening to them later on this evening through both my SP2000Cu and N6ii/A02/Cayin C9 combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back