Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #826 of 8,034
Any difference between the non Spring edition one?
PW said he uses upgraded internal wires. There are actually three limited editions; spring, autumn, and winter. Spring is 5N Silver 24 AWG, autumn is silver, gold and OCC, and winter is silver cover OCC.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #827 of 8,034
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #829 of 8,034
Guys, a question regarding music sources.
in case the player is not android with wifi, and cannot use tidal. What is you music source? Cd copying is out of the question, to much hustle.
i found: 7digital and hdtracks, but they offer limited variety.
Are you using private torrent trackers?
i mean, getting a 3k player with great sound is nice, but i read that lotoo for example not that great on bluetooth streaming from iphone.
I Use a Cayin N8 most of the time. I copy cd’s to ITunes and transport my iTunes library to the N8. I also purchase hidef recordings to my laptop and then copy them right into my N8 which you can also do with any other DAP.

An easy solution for streaming is to use your phone ( I use an iPhone). I connect it to my Audioquest Dragonfly Red and the synergy with most any IEM is excellent. You can also use the Lotoo S1, and many folks are trumpeting the value and quality of the Luxury & Precision W2. Since the Traillii is so easy to drive you will be shocked at how close this comes to the megabuck solutions. Now you can easily stream or just use YouTube. You will hear every nuance and can easily set up a streaming service if you wish. I usually just use it for YouTube. I also downloaded an app on my iPhone that even lets me play my hidef music on it if I wish.

Once you are set up like this, you can then decide if you want a dedicated DAP and get into that game.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #830 of 8,034
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #831 of 8,034
Saw you have about every source available 😃, and you prefer the sp2000?
Indeed. It has streaming and Roon compatibility, which is a big thing to me as I am a big fan of Roon. A very versatile device.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #832 of 8,034
I Use a Cayin N8 most of the time. I copy cd’s to ITunes and transport my iTunes library to the N8. I also purchase hidef recordings to my laptop and then copy them right into my N8 which you can also do with any other DAP.

An easy solution for streaming is to use your phone ( I use an iPhone). I connect it to my Audioquest Dragonfly Red and the synergy with most any IEM is excellent. You can also use the Lotoo S1, and many folks are trumpeting the value and quality of the Luxury & Precision W2. Since the Traillii is so easy to drive you will be shocked at how close this comes to the megabuck solutions. Now you can easily stream or just use YouTube. You will hear every nuance and can easily set up a streaming service if you wish. I usually just use it for YouTube. I also downloaded an app on my iPhone that even lets me play my hidef music on it if I wish.

Once you are set up like this, you can then decide if you want a dedicated DAP and get into that game.
I have both dragonfly blue and LPW2 on the way, both are dongle, question is, can i you the dongle to connect both iphone on one end and dap on the other and stream
Music that way directly into the dap
With best quality preserved?

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #834 of 8,034
It is a local music file managing App. Probably don’t need to bother yourself for that now. :sweat_smile:

SP2000 has services like Spotify and Tidal, which comes handy to use.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #836 of 8,034
It seems there’s a shortage of PWA 1960 cable for the Traillii and for some reason it’s taking forever for Oriolus to receive them. My custom Traillii has been finished since more than a week but they cannot send it because of the cable... :sob:
I guess it’s PWA’s way to punish me for saying their cable has bad microphonics! :laughing:
Oh man!! You can’t imagine how much I hate that cable now!! Haha 😂
Empire Ears has the same problem getting inventory of their Stormbreaker cables which are a 2 wire version of the PWA 1960s. It's my favorite cable.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #837 of 8,034
Final question regarding the sp2000
Key question i guess, as it has all the features i am looking for, an i guess that sound is also good.
How is it with the c9
I think it is pretty good! Probably not as good as A02 or LPGT Ti but good enough. I have always preferred usability over strict sound quality. To me, SP2000 is an ultimate all-in-one device, and I think it will be a safe starting point for you as well.

Aftet using it, if you find that you want a even better UI and streaming experience, you can go for iBasso DX300 or Hiby R8. If you find yourself not really needing a native streaming service, then LPGT will be a natural choice afterwards.

Edit: The only inconvenience is that you need to get a 4.4 adapter, as me and other people have listed above.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #838 of 8,034
Empire Ears has the same problem getting inventory of their Stormbreaker cables which are a 2 wire version of the PWA 1960s. It's my favorite cable.
PWA seems to be a pretty successful company! They managed to get contracts as cable supplier with several companies. Good for them! They deserve it. Their products are great!
When I say I hate that cable, I was just joking, because it makes me wait longer for my oh so impatiently awaited birdy! :ksc75smile:
But truth be told, the cable sounds amazing and the craftsmanship‘s top notch. On the other hand, I also must say that I personally find their 4 wires version to be more prone to microphonics than average, especially while wearing clothes with collar, buttons, zipper and the likes... Also, the ear tips creating a stronger seal emphasize that feeling.
It didn’t feel so much of a problem with the 2 wire from Odin though. I suspect the 4wires to add more rigidity which transmits those microphonics in a more obvious way...
Anyways... I’m not here to relaunch the microphonics debate, but I wanted to make sure that my “hate“ of the cable was understood as just a joke! The cable’s great! :)

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #839 of 8,034
After much deliberation i think i have the setup:
On the go (gym etc..)
my iphone 12 + dragonfly blue / LPW 2 (which one who sounds better) have also the option to buy the lotoo dongle to see which one sound best.

on the go but not portable (flights, Café work etc)
A2 + C9

i just dont know why i should buy an android with good ui when i have an iphone + dongle.
only problem is storage, iphone is not the best in that and i have the 256 giga, and also file manager for uploading high res files sucks. And i have many 24bit full albums.
Maybe uploading to a cloud? And streaming from there?

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #840 of 8,034
After much deliberation i think i have the setup:
On the go (gym etc..)
my iphone 12 + dragonfly blue / LPW 2 (which one who sounds better) have also the option to buy the lotoo dongle to see which one sound best.

on the go but not portable (flights, Café work etc)
A2 + C9

i just dont know why i should buy an android with good ui when i have an iphone + dongle.
only problem is storage, iphone is not the best in that and i have the 256 giga, and also file manager for uploading high res files sucks. And i have many 24bit full albums.
Maybe uploading to a cloud? And streaming from there?
Flight with A2 + C9 is definitely doable! Just replace my Gae Bolg IEM on the pic with Traillii. :wink:

Attachments

• EA752C86-6F7B-48B1-A07C-4226A2310551.jpeg
    EA752C86-6F7B-48B1-A07C-4226A2310551.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

• SUBA
Back