Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Aug 1, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #6,856 of 8,052
Spiral Dots ++ work best for me and are very comfy (better than Azla short I have too).

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #6,857 of 8,052
Second the call out for Spiral Dots. My personal preference is the Acoustune AET07 which is similar to the SD's but more precise and bass more punchy., while being equally comfortable.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #6,858 of 8,052
A 3rd shout out for Spiral Dot++ which is a recent switch from my usual Tanchjim T300 which are also excellent.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #6,859 of 8,052
Listening to Traillii this morning via P6K and a recent change of tips to Spiral Dot++ which I'm now loving with the bird... Great comfort, no pressure build, and sounds fantastic. The P6K really does have excellent synergy with Traillii too.

20220730_090231.jpg
I recently lost one of the tips that was my main Traillii, so I'll have to pick something up for them again when I have time. Fortunately, this is not a stock tips. After all, it would be very difficult to find them again.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #6,860 of 8,052
does anyone of you know if there is a silicone cover that covers the pavilions of the traillii?
plus a transportable case for the in ear?
You should delve into the topic for several tens of pages. We discussed it earlier and provided a photo. Maybe you'll find something there that you like.

I usually use a stock storage case or a similar but smaller Van Nuys. Also really like Dignis, they make great cases. Or when you need maximum protection, then a metal washer like Empire Ears Pandorum, etc. The disadvantage of the latter is a relatively small capacity. So when it comes to stock Traillii cables, I'm sure you'll be able to fit them inside. Dignis or Van Nuys have the former useful volume, but these are not metal cases.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #6,861 of 8,052
Have you tried a Dignis Arca case? It protects each IEM individually and I can even fit the Orpheus cable as it gets rolled up and placed above the IEM.
That's right, this is one of the covers I had in mind)

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #6,862 of 8,052
In your hopinions which are the best tips for traillii?
I appreciate the stock tips for the best mids and voices traillii can give,but against other tips the soundstage is less expansive.
Xelastec very good but voice are recessed and on high volume can be a bit stressful.
Just bought azla sedna earfit.
Any suggestion for the best balance sound for the bird?
A long time ago I wrote an extensive post about tips for Traillii, but I can't remember where it was.
In short, it seemed to me that they needed a wide and not deep sound channel. Similar to stock. So stock, Azla Short series, Spiral Dot, etc. will be good.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #6,863 of 8,052
I appreciate the stock tips for the best mids and voices traillii can give,but against other tips the soundstage is less expansive.
Xelastec very good but voice are recessed and on high volume can be a bit stressful.
I use Sedna earfit light with mine and I find that they work really well.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #6,864 of 8,052
I recently lost one of the tips that was my main Traillii, so I'll have to pick something up for them again when I have time. Fortunately, this is not a stock tips. After all, it would be very difficult to find them again.
"3rd party" tips I source from:
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/
They do take a while to arrive (and you can ask them to reduce the value of your order for customs).

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #6,865 of 8,052
I used spinfit cp155 on traillii.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #6,866 of 8,052
Aug 1, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #6,867 of 8,052
I liked the Sedna Earfit lights. Good, balanced sound, but not quite large enough for my wide ear canals. Ultimately, it's come down to finding large enough tips that give me a good seal, and the stocks are the best for that. I'd give anything for a company to make 15mm wide tips!
Here's a few that I've tried. Lights, Acoustones, and Crystals worked best for me other than stock. IMO
ear tips 2.jpg

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #6,868 of 8,052
I liked the Sedna Earfit lights. Good, balanced sound, but not quite large enough for my wide ear canals. Ultimately, it's come down to finding large enough tips that give me a good seal, and the stocks are the best for that. I'd give anything for a company to make 15mm wide tips!
Here's a few that I've tried. Lights, Acoustones, and Crystals worked best for me other than stock. IMO
ear tips 2.jpg
You are missing Azla SednaEarfit MAX :p Just got those in, gotta test it, though I think their built-in flexible waxguard might be more beneficial as a "filter" for Jewel, rather than the Bird. Will check it out and let everybody know soon.

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #6,869 of 8,052
I'm not home but my Azla MAX were delivered over the weekend, looking forward to trying when I get home tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back