Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 18, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #6,827 of 8,096
@gianni60 you don’t need Phönix, believe me, Ace is another beast but having Trailli and RH….
Jewel is different again and is complementary to RH/Trailli

Jul 18, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #6,828 of 8,096
Can anyone recommend me some god cables that can pair with Traillii, just got my Traillii recently, and I do like the original cable on it but I am wondering if there is anything great as well that makes a good combo ( i know Orpheyrus is good but I want to know if there are other options) and also First time Shielding sounds like a good option as well, really wondering there is anything else.

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #6,830 of 8,096
@gianni60 you don’t need Phönix, believe me, Ace is another beast but having Trailli and RH….
Jewel is different again and is complementary to RH/Trailli
I had the Phonix on tour and enjoyed it so much that I bought it. It sits along side my Traillii quite nicely.

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #6,831 of 8,096
I had the Phonix on tour and enjoyed it so much that I bought it. It sits along side my Traillii quite nicely.
I keep both as well. Traillii and Phönix are similar to a certain degree, that's right. But Phönix has its own qualities that makes it addictive for me.

Jul 19, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #6,832 of 8,096
I keep both as well. Traillii and Phönix are similar to a certain degree, that's right. But Phönix has its own qualities that makes it addictive for me.
Agreed there is a certain similarity between the two albeit Phonix has thicker mids and a bit more emphasis on bass. I feel that gives a nice contrast between the two. They are both an easy listen though and I can leave them in my ears for hours. One thing I found was that the Phonix has a more intimate sound stage compared to that of Traillii, but this works really well for some genres, such as jazz and live music. But irrespective of that, both IEMs are great all rounders.

Jul 19, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #6,833 of 8,096
Agreed there is a certain similarity between the two albeit Phonix has thicker mids and a bit more emphasis on bass. I feel that gives a nice contrast between the two. They are both an easy listen though and I can leave them in my ears for hours. One thing I found was that the Phonix has a more intimate sound stage compared to that of Traillii, but this works really well for some genres, such as jazz and live music. But irrespective of that, both IEMs are great all rounders.
Yes! Thicker, little more bass, smaller soundstage and I'd say better treble extension. I love the treble on the Phönix. Both are very easy to listen as you say, but still exciting and addictive. And the overall package and built quality of the Phönix is unbeaten. I wish alle TOTL IEMs came with such a premium package.

Jul 19, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #6,834 of 8,096
Yes! Thicker, little more bass, smaller soundstage and I'd say better treble extension. I love the treble on the Phönix. Both are very easy to listen as you say, but still exciting and addictive. And the overall package and built quality of the Phönix is unbeaten. I wish alle TOTL IEMs came with such a premium package.

Screenshot_20220719-104914_Gallery.jpg

+1 Phonix had a little more low end. I was surprised when A/Bing because I didn't feel like I lost information.

- Both resolved at a summit Fi level and have tasteful amounts of colouring.

- Phonix had one of the largest shells that I have come across where the Traillii was on the smaller end.

-The Traillii had better instrument seperation making it my choice for ensemble music. Because Phonix had meatier mids and a more intimate soundstage, it did better for solo vocal or instrument performances. We're talking about a 10-15% difference though.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #6,835 of 8,096
One thing I did find when using Traillii and Phonix was to give a bit of a gap between moving from one to the other. When listening to Traillii a quick swap makes Phonix sound thicker than soup, while going the other way makes Traillii seem very thin. That’s to my ears of course and it may be a non issue for others. What I tend to do is have a palate cleanser between the two. I normally reach for the Trio, or believe it or not the Blon bl03. About an hour of that allows me to swap one bird for the other.

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #6,836 of 8,096
One thing I did find when using Traillii and Phonix was to give a bit of a gap between moving from one to the other. When listening to Traillii a quick swap makes Phonix sound thicker than soup, while going the other way makes Traillii seem very thin. That’s to my ears of course and it may be a non issue for others. What I tend to do is have a palate cleanser between the two. I normally reach for the Trio, or believe it or not the Blon bl03. About an hour of that allows me to swap one bird for the other.
Nothing wrong with the BLON BL-03
Needs just a better cable and the right eartips and your fine !
That's actually the pair I bought 3 times and sold 3 times

Jul 19, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #6,837 of 8,096
Nothing wrong with the BLON BL-03
Needs just a better cable and the right eartips and your fine !
That's actually the pair I bought 3 times and sold 3 times
Totally agree. I think the BL-03 are excellent. I cannot fathom how they sound so good for such little cost. I ditched the stock cable and tips and used the PWA No.5 and Symbio F’s. Turns it into something else entirely. What I like about it in this particular case is how it helps with a bit of brain burn when switching between Traillii and Phonix.

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #6,839 of 8,096
Jul 26, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #6,840 of 8,096
beautiful match there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back