Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Dec 3, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #5,806 of 8,024
thank you very much for your suggestion. I saw that you use AET07 once in this thread. How are they comparing to Azla Short?

I'll need to try AET07 again versus Azla Short to compare SQ but I know both are absolutely fine in terms of fit - the sizing down allowed me first and foremost enjoy Traillii and then experiment with tips. Hope it works for you too, I certainly found it stressful after spending so much and was delighted when it was solved.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #5,807 of 8,024
Didnt know they made ones fit for the bird! Hope to hear your impressions, I might get a pair :)
I sent in my Bird for them to scan, so now anyone can get custom tips, just need to send them your impressions. I'll let you know how well they work.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #5,808 of 8,024
I’ve been using custom art custom tips from my old Odin and they’ve been working out pretty well with excellent fit and seal. Also attached Romi audio Encryption: Realize which improved sub bass presence, air up top and overall width.

E0E00A0D-D389-4945-A756-CF7E2B388276.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #5,810 of 8,024
Did you consider Eartunes before deciding on Custom Art?
I've used ADV a few times in the past, they were very nice, very comfortable and great seal. But they are full ear, so they make IEMs stick out a lot, almost comical sometimes, and for the Traillii I wanted to try CustomArt instead. I would maybe get a set of ADV next time I'm stateside too.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #5,811 of 8,024
I've used ADV a few times in the past, they were very nice, very comfortable and great seal. But they are full ear, so they make IEMs stick out a lot, almost comical sometimes, and for the Traillii I wanted to try CustomArt instead. I would maybe get a set of ADV next time I'm stateside too.
The comic aside, due to extra build needed to accommodate the custom fit, I am wondering if the changes to distance between the actual IEM from the ear, additional material, etc, would change the sound signature. Did you experience that from past experiences?

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #5,812 of 8,024
The comic aside, due to extra build needed to accommodate the custom fit, I am wondering if the changes to distance between the actual IEM from the ear, additional material, etc, would change the sound signature. Did you experience that from past experiences?
To be honest, I didn't use them very often, and it's been a while. I can imagine that it could effect the sound being so much farther out of the ear, though I don't remember.

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #5,816 of 8,024
Dec 5, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #5,817 of 8,024
SP2K ~> Cayin C9.
Instead of the Trailii , plugged in a pair of LCD5. After all, we’re looking at equivalent pricing.

Umm … wow. The sound signature isn’t exactly the same. The cans still need a bit of burning in. I think my birds may sit in their nest a bit. Anyone else done a comparison?

Dec 5, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #5,818 of 8,024
SP2K ~> Cayin C9.
Instead of the Trailii , plugged in a pair of LCD5. After all, we’re looking at equivalent pricing.

Umm … wow. The sound signature isn’t exactly the same. The cans still need a bit of burning in. I think my birds may sit in their nest a bit. Anyone else done a comparison?
I have always said the top HP’s are superior to the top IEM’s, and probably a better buy as compared to the pricing going on in IEM land. So, I am not surprised. That said, the mobility and ease of movement with an IEM is generally much better and they typically do not require as expensive of a setup (dac and amp). It is fun to have both.

I see you also have the Emoyrean. How do you feel all 3 compare (Traillii, Empy and LCD5)?

Dec 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #5,819 of 8,024
SP2K ~> Cayin C9.

Love my LCD5. Haven’t heard much lately because waiting on my iDSD Pro Signature to be fixed, but it’s tough to compare them.

Bird & LCD5 both are excellent across multiple genres due to engaging mids and fast, deep bass. Treble is laid back on both and never harsh. LCD is more upper mid focused and imaging more precise (due to open-back + staging benefits). There is more weight to LCD’s notes due to that signature planar speed. LCD’s microdetail is also pretty damn crazy, even compared to bird.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #5,820 of 8,024
I see you also have the Emoyrean. How do you feel all 3 compare (Traillii, Empy and LCD5)?
The Trailii is a wonderful all rounder. There’s a richness to the sound and that wonderful tuning.

LCD5 is precise. There’s a more aggressive, forward mid presence. Detail is just a smudge below Susvara. It’s as unforgiving of a bad source or recording as Utopia.

Empy. Doesn’t really compare. More relaxed, again that pleasant tuning not dissimilar that the bird has is it’s strength. The two pads choices make it two different sound signatures. Just not in the same league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back