Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Dec 1, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #5,791 of 8,024
I follow the cable rolling with interest, because in general for me the sound of the Bird is also a little less bright. I would like a little more air and attention on the trebles.
Also, maybe someone has experience in selecting tips that could direct the sound in this vector? Now I use stock.
You are better off buying another IEM with more treble emphasis than buying a cable to do that for the Traillii.

Dec 1, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #5,792 of 8,024
Recently got the bird. I'm in the process of tip rolling to find better fit as the stock was not fit right. I cannot wear it longer than 30 minutes without feeling vacuum seal. I have parse through this gigantic thread for tip suggestion. It seems there are so many of them. Anyone has any suggestion on the best fit tip to try?
Haven't tried the SednaLight Shorts, I like the Azla Xelestecs. They actually look very similar in build, I just feel the quality of the Xelestec is perhaps a bit better, can't say for sure.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #5,793 of 8,024
Recently got the bird. I'm in the process of tip rolling to find better fit as the stock was not fit right. I cannot wear it longer than 30 minutes without feeling vacuum seal. I have parse through this gigantic thread for tip suggestion. It seems there are so many of them. Anyone has any suggestion on the best fit tip to try?

I had the same issue at first, it led to very sore ears and I had to take a break from IEMs for about a week. The solution for me was dropping a size from my usual ML or even L to M - using Azla Short at the moment. I don't have any pressure build at all now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #5,794 of 8,024
I have the same issue. I've had the best success with the shorter Azla tips, either Shorts or the Xelestec, they are similar. I found I needed to have them in my ears for about 10 minutes, then they became more comfortable, less vaccumm effect, and better seal as they heat up. But honesty, it's very inconsistent for me, some days I am too frustrated and end up using my customs.

I ordered custom silicone tips from CustomArt, should be here in a week, I'll let you know how it goes. I hope you find something that works for you.

Dec 2, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #5,795 of 8,024
You are better off buying another IEM with more treble emphasis than buying a cable to do that for the Traillii.
Thanks for the support (if I'm allowed a little sarcasm, haha), but I'm still not a fan of buying and selling new things like changing gloves.
In another situation, I would have done so, but the fact is that the sound level and quality allow me to say that Traillii are right for me. And these deviations, which I want, relate to rather little taste nuances and are not a radically different presentation.
Of course, I understand that when it comes to another presentation, it requires other headphones)

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #5,796 of 8,024
I was listening to a large classic rock playlist today that was suggested to me by Tidal. Amazing. The Traillii does rock music so well. I’m not sure why rock is presented this good but something about that music clicks with the bird.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #5,797 of 8,024
I was listening to a large classic rock playlist today that was suggested to me by Tidal. Amazing. The Traillii does rock music so well. I’m not sure why rock is presented this good but something about that music clicks with the bird.
I take the liberty of expressing my imho on why.
But I also think that Ori is great for rock and metal. And heavy music in general.
Obviously, this is their slightly greasy juicy presentation. And they have a gorgeous bass. I listened to something on the way to Traillii, but on some songs they gave off such a large, deep and massive bass that I was damn impressed. I didn't know that its possible.
The second is a slightly warm presentation on bass and mids. Adds confidence and emotionality. Finally, the third - trebles is not too hard and sharp. Therefore, Traillii is not very critical of recording quality.
That is, we have an emotional sound with luxurious bass and juicy middle, but not bright.
In my opinion, it's great for heavy music.
However, my opinion - it is suitable for any other music.
I usually listen to music at random. And I had no complaints about the sound quality when today the Bird played something from Gojira, Deftones, Anita O'Day, Nightwish, Leprous, Katie Melua, Bosphorus, Odyn v Kanoe, Okean Elzy, In Flames, Karna, Massive Attack, Monanka, Arch Enemy, Serj Tankian (Jazz album), etc.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #5,799 of 8,024
Haven't tried the SednaLight Shorts, I like the Azla Xelestecs. They actually look very similar in build, I just feel the quality of the Xelestec is perhaps a bit better, can't say for sure.
I still feel the Sedna Short Lights are better for me, and their quality is just as high. I also dislike how sticky the Xelastics are. Very hard to keep clean. It is probably a good idea to have a set of each on hand.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #5,800 of 8,024
I have the same issue. I've had the best success with the shorter Azla tips, either Shorts or the Xelestec, they are similar. I found I needed to have them in my ears for about 10 minutes, then they became more comfortable, less vaccumm effect, and better seal as they heat up. But honesty, it's very inconsistent for me, some days I am too frustrated and end up using my customs.

I ordered custom silicone tips from CustomArt, should be here in a week, I'll let you know how it goes. I hope you find something that works for you.
Didnt know they made ones fit for the bird! Hope to hear your impressions, I might get a pair :)

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #5,801 of 8,024
FWIW I find the smaller opening of the Xelastics restricts the highs and airiness of the Trailii. Like the Azla other tips with a wider opening much better...

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #5,802 of 8,024
FWIW I find the smaller opening of the Xelastics restricts the highs and airiness of the Trailii. Like the Azla other tips with a wider opening much better...
I’ve looked at the specs and indeed the Xelestecs (3.6 dia) is smaller than the Light (5.4 dia). However, I’d thought the diameter size would only make it easier or harder to slip onto the IEM, as the tips have to stretch to fit, ie the opening will not be covered with the tips on? Be that as it may, thanks for tip (pun intended), I’ll check out the other Azla's offerings.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #5,803 of 8,024
I’ve looked at the specs and indeed the Xelestecs (3.6 dia) is smaller than the Light (5.4 dia). However, I’d thought the diameter size would only make it easier or harder to slip onto the IEM, as the tips have to stretch to fit, ie the opening will not be covered with the tips on? Be that as it may, thanks for tip (pun intended), I’ll check out the other Azla's offerings.
Wider tips typically lead to a tamer bass and more treble, and vice versa, so you can do the final few percentages of the tuning yourself this way. I'm not sure what the influence is of the length of tips but I'm assuming longer tips mean rolled-off treble as it can bounce around a bit more and a higher percentage gets absorbed. Anyone?

drftr

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #5,804 of 8,024
I had the same issue at first, it led to very sore ears and I had to take a break from IEMs for about a week. The solution for me was dropping a size from my usual ML or even L to M - using Azla Short at the moment. I don't have any pressure build at all now.
thank you very much for your suggestion. I saw that you use AET07 once in this thread. How are they comparing to Azla Short?

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #5,805 of 8,024
thank you very much for your suggestion. I saw that you use AET07 once in this thread. How are they comparing to Azla Short?
I also jump between Azla Short and AET07. I prefer the latter in terms of comfort and a slightly smoother, easier listen. The Azla is terrific in terms of dynamic contrast - a bit punchier down low and livelier up too.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back