Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Sep 23, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #4,921 of 8,024
IE900 my top choice IEM still - even above Traillii as an all-rounder!
That is high praise... I should have an IE900 by tomorrow afternoon... Really curious now. :)

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #4,923 of 8,024
Sep 23, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #4,924 of 8,024
Sep 23, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #4,925 of 8,024
That is high praise... I should have an IE900 by tomorrow afternoon... Really curious now. :)

I love them but that view certainly not shared by all who have tried them - hope you enjoy. For me, they have that super emotive connection to the music and work with all genres... comfortable, light and I can listen in absolutely any situation.

Traillii is better of course but just less of an all-rounder for me.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #4,926 of 8,024
Sep 23, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #4,927 of 8,024
I love them but that view certainly not shared by all who have tried them - hope you enjoy. For me, they have that super emotive connection to the music and work with all genres... comfortable, light and I can listen in absolutely any situation.

Enough owners and reviewers that I respect think the IE900 is great. So, I need to hear it at least. Relative to other products on the market, it's relatively modestly priced.

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #4,929 of 8,024

Same here, and since this is the Trailli thread, it's worth mentioning if there's one aspect the IE 900 trumps the Bird, for me, is its best-in-class bass. The Traillii is really, really good, even great for some (especially BA bass lovers), but IE 900 loses very little in terms of speed and tightness to Traillii's BAs, and adds heft, sub bass extension, power, and a life-like naturalness that's impossible for BAs to simulate, no matter how proficient they are. That's what makes it a better all-rounder, IMO. It also makes it more emotionally engaging. Traillii's definitely more laid back and polite though, especially up top.

Sep 24, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #4,930 of 8,024
Whilst the Trailii does pair very well with the SP2000Cu, I think it is even better with the Kann Alpha. The Trailii seems to showcase best the ESS DAC chip in the KA: organic and textured. Pleasantly surprised. :)

C8CD2E7C-C0B6-4ACF-9DF4-16FA6107FA4A.jpeg

Sep 25, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #4,931 of 8,024
Traillii focused time this afternoon. I'm finding I need to give it proper attention to fully appreciate, it's not a casual listening affair for me - dipping in and out like I might with others. Just had about 45 minutes of bliss, proper time invested with full attention really rewards. Its these moments that absolutely give a real sense of return on investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 25, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #4,932 of 8,024
Traillii focused time this afternoon. I'm finding I need to give it proper attention to fully appreciate, it's not a casual listening affair for me - dipping in and out like I might with others. Just had about 45 minutes of bliss, proper time invested with full attention really rewards. Its these moments that absolutely give a real sense of return on investment.
I did wonder if the Traillii would require the listeners full attention. It might make sense for me to use my Trio or LX for when I want some music while I’m working, as I need to concentrate on the work. Of course I’ll find out soon enough.

Sep 25, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #4,933 of 8,024
I did wonder if the Traillii would require the listeners full attention. It might make sense for me to use my Trio or LX for when I want some music while I’m working, as I need to concentrate on the work. Of course I’ll find out soon enough.

In my experience to fully appreciate, it definitely does. I've dipped in with short sessions during breaks from work etc and I don't have anything like the same experience, even moments of being underwhelmed. I guess it aligns with my earlier post on IE900 being a better all-rounder, one I can just pick up and enjoy anytime. Traillii deserves full attention and when I'm not distracted thinking about next meeting or some other daily stress of some sort!

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #4,934 of 8,024
In my experience to fully appreciate, it definitely does. I've dipped in with short sessions during breaks from work etc and I don't have anything like the same experience, even moments of being underwhelmed. I guess it aligns with my earlier post on IE900 being a better all-rounder, one I can just pick up and enjoy anytime. Traillii deserves full attention and when I'm not distracted thinking about next meeting or some other daily stress of some sort!
I agree! I think the more technical the IEM, the harder it is to appreciate it when not living in the moment (i.e, working, multi-tasking, etc). It’s really when I am isolating and just focused on the music that I can truly appreciate all the mastery it has in its technical and musical balance. I had the same issue with other technical IEMs like Infinity Mk2, Odin, and even Elysium. Once we take out the external stimuli (in all facets of life, not just music), that’s when we really enjoy our in-moment activities.

Same reason why I love my airpod pros for the gym (outside of obvious use case)-not too technical and strong enough dynamics and warmth to help with mental energy during lifts.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #4,935 of 8,024
I agree! I think the more technical the IEM, the hard it is to appreciate when not living in the moment (i.e, working, multi-tasking, etc). It’s really when I am isolating and just focused on the music that I can truly appreciate all the mastery it has in its technical and musical balance. I had the same issue with other technical IEMs like Infinity Mk2, Odin, and even Elysium. Once we take out the external stimuli (in all facets of life, not just music), that’s when we really enjoy our in-moment activities.

Same reason why I love my airpod pros for the gym (outside of obvious use case)-not too technical and strong enough dynamics and warmth to help with mental energy during lifts.

100% and I love your reference to living in the moment - it's exactly that and a meditative type experience when properly focusing like this. I found the same actually with IER-M9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back