Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Mar 16, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #391 of 8,015
Oh, I see,
this Raphael Imkert is a Raphael Imbert. I you have difficulties in finding his album, I can have a look, where I've downloaded it.
Changing gears a little here is a suggestion I really enjoyed for the past year or so.
It is acoustic blues guitar duo, great voices, song structure and playing.

Hans Theesnick & Terry Evans album Delta Time.

Mar 16, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #392 of 8,015
Oh, I see,
this Raphael Imkert is a Raphael Imbert. I you have difficulties in finding his album, I can have a look, where I've downloaded it.
on Qobuz:

Raphaël Imbert - Les 1001 Nuits du Jazz - Live au Bal Blomet

Mes favoris
Cet élément a bien été ajouté / retiré de vos favoris.

Les 1001 Nuits du Jazz - Live au Bal Blomet / Raphaël Imbert, Johan Farjot & Guests

24-Bit 48.0 kHz - Stereo

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #393 of 8,015
Changing gears a little here is a suggestion I really enjoyed for the past year or so.
It is acoustic blues guitar duo, great voices, song structure and playing.

Hans Theesnick & Terry Evans album Delta Time.
Oh Hans Theesnick - I love his music ! German guy (if i am right) who plays blues - but with what quality - amazing !

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #395 of 8,015
What source is everyone using for the Traillii? Right now I have the DX300 and SP2000 Cu. I prefer the SP2000 but it's no slouch on the DX300 either, it's a bit on the warm sound but still very nice whereas the SP2000 I consider to be a little brighter with less bass impact than the DX300. These IEMs seem to work well with just about anything. I am tempted to try the LP P6 Pro but I rely on Spotify... so I'd have to eventually convert my whole library to my own files. Which is something I am prepared to do if the synergy is "perfect" for me

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #396 of 8,015
What source is everyone using for the Traillii? Right now I have the DX300 and SP2000 Cu. I prefer the SP2000 but it's no slouch on the DX300 either, it's a bit on the warm sound but still very nice whereas the SP2000 I consider to be a little brighter with less bass impact than the DX300. These IEMs seem to work well with just about anything. I am tempted to try the LP P6 Pro but I rely on Spotify... so I'd have to eventually convert my whole library to my own files. Which is something I am prepared to do if the synergy is "perfect" for me
I did briefly try the P6 Pro with Traillii. The sound is organic and lush, a really unique and wonderful pairing. The interface of P6 Pro, however, is terrible. You will definitely want to audit it with Andrew before buying one.

Also, from the survey of 22 Chinese users, around 1/3 of them use it with the LPGT Ti, and I have also seen many P6 Pro + Traillii users.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #397 of 8,015
I did briefly try the P6 Pro with Traillii. The sound is organic and lush, a really unique and wonderful pairing. The interface of P6 Pro, however, is terrible. You will definitely want to audit it with Andrew before buying one.

Also, from the survey of 22 Chinese users, around 1/3 of them use it with the LPGT Ti, and I have also seen many P6 Pro + Traillii users.

Thanks, I will see if he's got a demo available for sure. I'm not sure I'm ready to ditch the Spotify ecosystem since it is so convenient. I love the Traillii with the SP2000 but I just want to try everything to see what I like the most, lol.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #398 of 8,015
Thanks, I will see if he's got a demo available for sure. I'm not sure I'm ready to ditch the Spotify ecosystem since it is so convenient. I love the Traillii with the SP2000 but I just want to try everything to see what I like the most, lol.
With Spotify, I think AK SP2000 is as good as you can get for a single DAP, unless you have a C9 with you. Then, this is a whole new level of story. :) You can play around with different Android DAPs and with the comfort that Traillii is going to always sound great with any DAP + C9. DAPs like Hiby R8 and N6ii with A02 are both quite unique and interesting to play with.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #399 of 8,015
I’m using the R8. Greet synergy, and it signs especially well with turbo mode on. Very strong technicalities, and tuning I suspect will be somewhere between SP2K’s neutrality and DX300’s warmth.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #400 of 8,015

Haven't ditched Spotify, we use it for background and in social settings mostly. The Spotify playlist are pure gold however: I listen close 99% to Tidal with Synched Playlist from spotify through https://www.tunemymusic.com/Plans.php for only 2$ p/m (allows 20 playlists to update automatically, manual sync is FREE).

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #401 of 8,015
I put my order in for the full clear Traillii. I see the predominant portable application for most users. Do we have any examples of those using desktop amplifiers?
My primary intention is to a. compare to my Abyss TC as the hyperbole here is full-on but more importantly b. to use as an office alternative to closed-backs.

My intention was to likely build a mini SuSy (I think not totally decided,) so I'm just curious to alternative DAP drive, etc.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #402 of 8,015
I’m using the R8. Greet synergy, and it signs especially well with turbo mode on. Very strong technicalities, and tuning I suspect will be somewhere between SP2K’s neutrality and DX300’s warmth.

This almost sounds like exactly what I want.. something not as warm as the DX300 but something slightly less bright than the SP2000, lol.

Haven't ditched Spotify, we use it for background and in social settings mostly. The Spotify playlist are pure gold however: I listen close 99% to Tidal with Synched Playlist from spotify through https://www.tunemymusic.com/Plans.php for only 2$ p/m (allows 20 playlists to update automatically, manual sync is FREE).

Cool, thanks!

With Spotify, I think AK SP2000 is as good as you can get for a single DAP, unless you have a C9 with you. Then, this is a whole new level of story. :) You can play around with different Android DAPs and with the comfort that Traillii is going to always sound great with any DAP + C9. DAPs like Hiby R8 and N6ii with A02 are both quite unique and interesting to play with.

Hmmm, so SP2000 + C9 is your recommendation for the Traillii over bothering with the P6 Pro? That would be basically a desktop setup for me, which is fine considering I have done barely any portable use lately.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #403 of 8,015
This almost sounds like exactly what I want.. something not as warm as the DX300 but something slightly less bright than the SP2000, lol.

Cool, thanks!

Hmmm, so SP2000 + C9 is your recommendation for the Traillii over bothering with the P6 Pro? That would be basically a desktop setup for me, which is fine considering I have done barely any portable use lately.
I even prefer N6ii (A02) + C9 over P6 Pro alone, and this is purely in terms of sound quality. :) I spent around 2 hours to compare them for the pairing with Traillii and came to this conclusion.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #404 of 8,015
I put my order in for the full clear Traillii. I see the predominant portable application for most users. Do we have any examples of those using desktop amplifiers?
My primary intention is to a. compare to my Abyss TC as the hyperbole here is full-on but more importantly b. to use as an office alternative to closed-backs.

My intention was to likely build a mini SuSy (I think not totally decided,) so I'm just curious to alternative DAP drive, etc.
I suspect any desktop Amp may be way too powerful for the Traillii. C9 works fine as a semi-desktop option to drive my IEMs and headphones.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #405 of 8,015
I suspect any desktop Amp may be way too powerful for the Traillii. C9 works fine as a semi-desktop option to drive my IEMs and headphones.
I may have left parameters vague and open. I would certainly think most full-size amplifiers would present some gain issue. But my intimation of mini SuSy (perhaps unknown to many) suggests, say, palm sized amplifiers. So perhaps semi portable is more fitting i.e. Hugo, etc WA8, C9.

I'm only a little more interested in hearing about amplification that isn't, eh, so pedestrian as the many due to obvious size constraints.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back