Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Mar 14, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #316 of 8,027
I’m just gonna put it here. Charging 6000 dollars for an iem is a rip off. There’s definitely a huge room for discount and I won’t be surprised to find these at least -2000 usd after a while.
Hey Guys,

The more I listen to the traillii, the more it impresses me. All my friends whom I speak with that also purchased the traillii feel pretty much the same way.

However, despite how great the traillii sounds to me, and despite the fact I feel it was worth it to me to spend my own hard-earned money on it, and despite the fact that it's one of the best purchases I feel I've made in audio...or ever...despite all of that...I just had an unexpected and sudden epiphany.

I just have this nagging feeling that the traillii is a ripoff; not at all worth it. All of my own thinking, listening, and my decision to buy it almost instantly...it was all for naught.

Traillii is just pure trash...one sad bird.

I've posted my Traillii up in the classifieds for $1,500, since people who haven't heard it before say it's a fair price. Sure, I could have posted for $2,000, but no need to push it.

@PortableAudioLover - Your clarvoyance is startling :grinning:

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #317 of 8,027
Hey Guys,

The more I listen to the traillii, the more it impresses me. All my friends whom I speak with that also purchased the traillii feel pretty much the same way.

However, despite how great the traillii sounds to me, and despite the fact I feel it was worth it to me to spend my own hard-earned money on it, and despite the fact that it's one of the best purchases I feel I've made in audio...or ever...despite all of that...I just had an unexpected and sudden epiphany.

I just have this nagging feeling that the traillii is a ripoff; not at all worth it. All of my own thinking, listening, and my decision to buy it almost instantly...it was all for naught.

Traillii is just pure trash...one sad bird.

I've posted my Traillii up in the classifieds for $1,500, since people who haven't heard it before say it's a fair price. Sure, I could have posted for $2,000, but no need to push it.

@PortableAudioLover - Your clarvoyance is startling :grinning:
10, 9, 8, 7, sold, right?

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #319 of 8,027
Funny you should mention that, I'm thinking of getting an Empyrean. Is this an advisable combo, Traillii and Empy?
That is why I was asking you about the Sus. If the Susvara sounds far superior to the Traillii on the track I mentioned, then no it would not be wise to get it. A few variables though, I am using the Empyreans out of my N8 which also powers my Traillii. So if the Empy can scale much higher, then that could make a great difference.

I have also not done anything to improve the Empy’s stock cable which is recommended. This is a potential future upgrade.

Now I was only speaking about this one track. Overall the Empy is probably still superior. It is characterized by a very strong and powerful bass with somewhat smooth mids and treble that remain very detailed.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #320 of 8,027
I’m just gonna put it here. Charging 6000 dollars for an iem is a rip off. There’s definitely a huge room for discount and I won’t be surprised to find these at least -2000 usd after a while.
Don’t think following this bi-polarized thread would in anyway help with purchasing decision. You either encounter people like me who speaks the truth about these being a rip off or people who have purchased the products and wish to confirm their purchasing decision by praising how it has changed their lives.

(Chord Dave)
I’m just gonna put it here. Charging 6000 1250 dollars for an iem dac/amp is a rip off. There’s definitely a huge room for discount and I won’t be surprised to find these at least -2000 usd after a while.

(SP2000)
I’m just gonna put it here. Charging 6000 3500 dollars for an iem dap is a rip off. There’s definitely a huge room for discount and I won’t be surprised to find these at least -2000 usd after a while.

Not to have a dig at you, but I’m just showing these two as an example seeing as you have them in your signature. There are multiple products within this hobby (and many other hobbies for that matter) that can, and will, be perceived as a “rip off” to some people.

Without actually trying said products and experiencing them for yourself, it is impossible to make a truth claim that something is a rip off or not. And even then, some may still feel that these products are a rip off if they don’t meet their expectations, or whatever other reason that person may feel.

I personally don’t feel that Traillii is a rip off because of how I feel it performs at what it’s meant to do. Others may feel differently, and that’s totally fine, but making blanket statements and claiming them as “the truth” without trying them for yourself first is a little presumptuous.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #321 of 8,027
(Chord Dave)
I’m just gonna put it here. Charging 6000 1250 dollars $10.9k for an iem dac/amp is a rip off. There’s definitely a huge room for discount and I won’t be surprised to find these at least -2000 usd after a while.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #323 of 8,027
Interestingly enough to share my comparison between Traillii and Rhapsodio Infinity mk2.
Bass wise, Infinity has powerful bass, more sub-bass rumble, it sounds like there is a floor standing sub-woofer behind me, better than some DD bass IEMs that I heard before. The traillii is more of a gentle side compare to infinity, but in a good way traillii's bass push enough quantity to make me really high in some EDM tracks or even Tchaikovsky-1812, Cappricio Italien and Marche slave (I feel Tchaikovsky musics require powerful bass response to be able to perform his powerful cannons-1812 overture i.e). Though i would say that Infinity has better bass than Traillii.
While Infinity's mids are so rich with thicker and dense vocal perfomance, the traillii turns out to be more transparent, some time crystal clear. Both are vocal miracle without lacking any detail, but traillii to my ears is in another level of detail and transparent that the infinity cannot reach. I can feel singer's throat is vibrating when listening to Zhao Peng with traillii, such an incredible performance. This would depend on personal taste to say which one is better. But to me I'll get Traillii whenever I want to hear vocal.
Treble wise, traillii is absolute winner here. Just thinking of changing from Infinity to Traillii, the different is day and night. Suddenly music is likely added so much air to every notes, giving my ears a pleasing to listen. It doesn't mean Infinity's treble is bad, It just cannot reach the level of Traillii.
So it's not surprising that the overall performance is settled in favor of Traillii.

A little bit different when compare Traillii to he1000v2, but have the same result. The bird has destroyed he1000v2 in many ways that make me re-think about is big planar driver sound better than small BA driver?
Sorry I cannot describe more detail in this comparison due to my English limitation, but the overall result is like above, after 1hour listening and switching between the twos, I absolutely go for Traillii, no need to look back at he1000v2.

Anyway, Happy buyer here :D

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #326 of 8,027
Interestingly enough to share my comparison between Traillii and Rhapsodio Infinity mk2.
Bass wise, Infinity has powerful bass, more sub-bass rumble, it sounds like there is a floor standing sub-woofer behind me, better than some DD bass IEMs that I heard before. The traillii is more of a gentle side compare to infinity, but in a good way traillii's bass push enough quantity to make me really high in some EDM tracks or even Tchaikovsky-1812, Cappricio Italien and Marche slave (I feel Tchaikovsky musics require powerful bass response to be able to perform his powerful cannons-1812 overture i.e). Though i would say that Infinity has better bass than Traillii.
While Infinity's mids are so rich with thicker and dense vocal perfomance, the traillii turns out to be more transparent, some time crystal clear. Both are vocal miracle without lacking any detail, but traillii to my ears is in another level of detail and transparent that the infinity cannot reach. I can feel singer's throat is vibrating when listening to Zhao Peng with traillii, such an incredible performance. This would depend on personal taste to say which one is better. But to me I'll get Traillii whenever I want to hear vocal.
Treble wise, traillii is absolute winner here. Just thinking of changing from Infinity to Traillii, the different is day and night. Suddenly music is likely added so much air to every notes, giving my ears a pleasing to listen. It doesn't mean Infinity's treble is bad, It just cannot reach the level of Traillii.
So it's not surprising that the overall performance is settled in favor of Traillii.

A little bit different when compare Traillii to he1000v2, but have the same result. The bird has destroyed he1000v2 in many ways that make me re-think about is big planar driver sound better than small BA driver?
Sorry I cannot describe more detail in this comparison due to my English limitation, but the overall result is like above, after 1hour listening and switching between the twos, I absolutely go for Traillii, no need to look back at he1000v2.

Great impressions, and quite similar to how I heard it. I wrote some extensive initial feedback during my demo (shared below) but this was before I realized how much I missed it. It genuinely makes the Infinity sound semi-colored, which I thought wasn't possible. What DAP do you use to drive Infinity? I find it extremely source dependent.

I am also a bit surprised you thought bass was better on Infinity, which I agree is an underrated aspect of it, but Traillii seemed to do the slam much more organically and powerful. I'll have to A/B when I get mine again!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...ortable-audio-discussion.826876/post-16135184

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #327 of 8,027
Great impressions, and quite similar to how I heard it. I wrote some extensive initial feedback during my demo (shared below) but this was before I realized how much I missed it. It genuinely makes the Infinity sound semi-colored, which I thought wasn't possible. What DAP do you use to drive Infinity? I find it extremely source dependent.

I am also a bit surprised you thought bass was better on Infinity, which I agree is an underrated aspect of it, but Traillii seemed to do the slam much more organically and powerful. I'll have to A/B when I get mine again!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...ortable-audio-discussion.826876/post-16135184
The Infinity2/Traillii comparison was done with sp1000m and Hugo2.
And the second one he1000v2/Traillii was done with Sp1000m and HPA4.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #328 of 8,027
That is why I was asking you about the Sus. If the Susvara sounds far superior to the Traillii on the track I mentioned, then no it would not be wise to get it. A few variables though, I am using the Empyreans out of my N8 which also powers my Traillii. So if the Empy can scale much higher, then that could make a great difference.

I have also not done anything to improve the Empy’s stock cable which is recommended. This is a potential future upgrade.

Now I was only speaking about this one track. Overall the Empy is probably still superior. It is characterized by a very strong and powerful bass with somewhat smooth mids and treble that remain very detailed.

So quick FYI. I know a few Empy users and apparently Empy scales very well. One Empy owner tells me GSX Mini and Bricasti DAC elevates the headphone to a new level.

I will listen to that one song (“Will We Remain” by iLan Bluestone) on Sus and Traillii and get back to you later.

Mar 14, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #329 of 8,027

Sticked to the front page

Mar 14, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #330 of 8,027
How does the birdie perform with live performances? Im a fan of those old MTV unplugged albums.
Due to the stage of the bird, both in terms of its massive scale and utter spatial precision, crowd noises are rendered extremely distinctly and vividly, in a way that really pulls you into the performance in a powerful way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back