Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Mar 14, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #301 of 8,034
I’m just gonna put it here. Charging 6000 dollars for an iem is a rip off. There’s definitely a huge room for discount and I won’t be surprised to find these at least -2000 usd after a while.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #302 of 8,034
A question for @bigbeans and any other Susvara owners on this thread. I have some interest in HP’s and I am trying to gauge how the Susvara sounds. Listening to the track recommended by @aaf evo called “Will We Remain” by iLan Bluestone ( it is on YouTube ), I found the Traillii to be just as good, maybe better than my Empyrean. The bass was almost as powerful and tighter and I liked the Timbre of the Traillii better. This was the first track that ever hit me with that impression. I was wondering if you could please compare the Traillii to your Susvara using the same track to hopefully give me a better idea of how the Susvara sounds?

I was only using my iPhone and a Dragonfly Red, so I am sure that will be another variable as I am fairly sure neither will drive the Susvara. But still curious if you get the chance. Tks.
I own and love the Susvara, this headphone is easily misunderstood. The Susavare is good with powerfull amps like the topping a90, but needs speaker amps to power start singing: it is a true TOTL headphone. If you check out the Susvara thread, do not be surprised to see the Susvara being amped by amps costing twice the $6000,- Susvara. :)

I just ordered the T: I'm looking forward to report my experience.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #303 of 8,034
I’m just gonna put it here. Charging 6000 dollars for an iem is a rip off. There’s definitely a huge room for discount and I won’t be surprised to find these at least -2000 usd after a while.
The retail price will go up for another $600 or so if you don’t place an order by May 1st, and Musicteck has this thing back ordered by quite a few ATM.

I am sure some users will eventually let it go, but probably not as much as discounting it all the way to $3000-4000.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #304 of 8,034
The retail price will go up for another $600 or so if you don’t place an order by May 1st, and Musicteck has this thing back ordered by quite a few ATM.

I am sure some users will eventually let it go, but probably not as much as discounting it all the way to $3000-4000.
It’s ok. I’m actually not interested. For that money, I’d like to get a really nice tube amp haha

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #305 of 8,034
You’re not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th person to say this. We get it, it’s expensive. If you don’t wanna pay 6000 then don’t buy it. Getting tired of this price talk. It’s taking away from what people love about this IEM.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #306 of 8,034
You’re not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th person to say this. We get it, it’s expensive. If you don’t wanna pay 6000 then don’t buy it. Getting tired of this price talk. It’s taking away from what people love about this IEM.
Why’s it taking people away from loving this iem ? I mean if they love the sound then go for it.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #308 of 8,034
There might be members on here who come on to this thread who might potentially be interested in it and the focus seems to be on price. No point in bashing it or calling it a rip off if you haven’t heard it
Don’t think following this bi-polarized thread would in anyway help with purchasing decision. You either encounter people like me who speaks the truth about these being a rip off or people who have purchased the products and wish to confirm their purchasing decision by praising how it has changed their lives.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #309 of 8,034
Don’t think following this bi-polarized thread would in anyway help with purchasing decision. You either encounter people like me who speaks the truth about these being a rip off or people who have purchased the products and wish to confirm their purchasing decision by praising how it has changed their lives.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, they are greatly appreciated...

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #311 of 8,034
1615766225093.png

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #313 of 8,034
For us suckers that bought one.
I for one am learning to hear, looking for guidance as to how I can get the most out of it. Like for example what to best pair it with, what kind of music, what tips, any reason to amp, anything I can do about the microphonic cable, etc... justifying my stupid purchase is definitely not one of my reasons to visit this thread. Looking for like minds and positive conversation.
The price thing is a distraction and for some price seems to be a line in the sand and a throw down the mic it’s fighting time, moment.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #314 of 8,034
For us suckers that bought one.
I for one am learning to hear, looking for guidance as to how I can get the most out of it. Like for example what to best pair it with, what kind of music, what tips, any reason to amp, anything I can do about the microphonic cable, etc... justifying my stupid purchase is definitely not one of my reasons to visit this thread. Looking for like minds and positive conversation.
The price thing is a distraction and for some price seems to be a line in the sand and a through down the mic it’s frighten time, moment.
Mic drop 🎤

Users who are viewing this thread

Back