Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 25, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #3,226 of 8,061
So DHL dropped off a little brown box today…

1124EAE2-5356-44BC-B9F0-02593F1BD462.jpeg

Jun 25, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #3,229 of 8,061
Wow… that was quick. Hope you love them!

Fastest DHL shipping ever. Shipped Tuesday, arrived this morning.
I've only had 10 minutes to try out some songs.. Still trying to get over the sticker shock.. but by liquidating the gear I've accumulated, I actually come out ahead... still sooo expensive..

But, it’s the best all around I’ve heard. Can’t find a fault. Delicate vocals, decent balanced bass.. it’s like everything else I've tried is part of what this is. I haven’t compared to the Elysium though as I have only been listening to the Isabellae.. it’s not a jump out at you the way something like the Legend X had the bass.. it’s just perfectly balanced. I don’t notice BA timbre or really anything. Everything just sounds natural. It’s kind of that Zen thing of not really standing out in anyway. Perfect by doing nothing but getting out of the way..
They don’t seem like they should cost this much but it’s like they are kind of faultless so I kind of understand..
I feel like these will be a slow burn.. nothing flashy, just impeccable competence..

Jun 25, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #3,231 of 8,061
Fastest DHL shipping ever. Shipped Tuesday, arrived this morning.
I've only had 10 minutes to try out some songs.. Still trying to get over the sticker shock.. but by liquidating the gear I've accumulated, I actually come out ahead... still sooo expensive..

But, it’s the best all around I’ve heard. Can’t find a fault. Delicate vocals, decent balanced bass.. it’s like everything else I've tried is part of what this is. I haven’t compared to the Elysium though as I have only been listening to the Isabellae.. it’s not a jump out at you the way something like the Legend X had the bass.. it’s just perfectly balanced. I don’t notice BA timbre or really anything. Everything just sounds natural. It’s kind of that Zen thing of not really standing out in anyway. Perfect by doing nothing but getting out of the way..
They don’t seem like they should cost this much but it’s like they are kind of faultless so I kind of understand..
I feel like these will be a slow burn.. nothing flashy, just impeccable competence..
Get better after 20 - 25 hours

congrats, and nice getting yours just in time.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #3,233 of 8,061
And…. There it is.
0DA276DA-C679-4276-B8C3-3E354688CE1E.jpeg
Wow. I am so happy I made the purchase at the last Memorial Day sale. That turns out to be one of my better decisions in my Audiophile experience.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #3,235 of 8,061
Or they sell the premium @kkugel modded version for the new price 😉

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #3,236 of 8,061
It’s kind of that Zen thing of not really standing out in anyway. Perfect by doing nothing but getting out of the way..
It's sad that you have to pay so much to get what should be the objective of any great IEM. Or maybe we're so used to compromises and flaws we just accept it. Or just want wow stuff (and lots of it) for variety. Personally what the Bird achieves has always been my goal in this hobby. That's part of the reason the IE900 is changing my worldview, because it's giving me a lot of what you described - perhaps not to the stratospheric technical levels of the Bird - but makes it 'affordable' to the point where I consider it to be one of the best bargains in high-end audio right now. As always, YMMV.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #3,237 of 8,061
Or they sell the premium @kkugel modded version for the new price 😉
I guess I have the "modded" tag forever now😂 Let's call it Traillii-inspired FR with different drivers :wink:

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #3,238 of 8,061
It's sad that you have to pay so much to get what should be the objective of any great IEM. Or maybe we're so used to compromises and flaws we just accept it. Or just want wow stuff (and lots of it) for variety. Personally what the Bird achieves has always been my goal in this hobby. That's part of the reason the IE900 is changing my worldview, because it's giving me a lot of what you described - perhaps not to the stratospheric technical levels of the Bird - but makes it 'affordable' to the point where I consider it to be one of the best bargains in high-end audio right now. As always, YMMV.
Interesting comparison, I found IE900 and Traillii both closest to my personal preference target. There's something to that curve that makes things sound special

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #3,239 of 8,061
Gosh
Now need to buy IE900? 🙄
Am still struggling about keeping or selling Elysium...
But guys is it worth it anyway or just a similar-to-bird-tuned IEM with worse technicalities for the price difference?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #3,240 of 8,061
Gosh
Now need to buy IE900? 🙄
Am still struggling about keeping or selling Elysium...
But guys is it worth it anyway or just a similar-to-bird-tuned IEM with worse technicalities for the price difference?
I don't think it's worth it, you won't get EST treble bliss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back