Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 12, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #2,761 of 8,027
How is R6 2020 and Traillii? Looks like a worthy DX160 replacement for a smaller sized dap.
The bird sounds great with everything, but I prefer pairing it with the L&P W2 for portable use. I am listening now with the R6 2020 + W2. That's so I don't drain my iPhone battery.

The R6 2020 is a rather dark DAP, so it sounds glorious with my Custom Legend X. That is my new preferred option for walking outside. You get deep bass rumble when walking.

The Utopia and the Bird made me not regret buying the R6 2020. Utopia, Traillii and Custom Legend X pair great with it. Use it when you want a deeper bass response. It's size and ergonomics are fantastic. My only issue with it in the past has been SQ, but when you pair it with the right headphones and IEMs, it's a great portable option.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #2,762 of 8,027
Lmao I can barely stick the Orpheus + Traillii in the van nuys case 😂
I would put the Orpheus in your wallet. The hole it created in it should be more than large enough for it.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2,763 of 8,027
I haven’t heard the M8 but I think the Traillii synergies with N6ii very well. I don’t have the ti version however. R01 on order though.
Any more impressions with the bird with the old modules?
Are you using A01or T01 or C9 with one of the LO-modules?
Are these going more for some reference sub bass raised signature like W2 or different?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #2,765 of 8,027
Looking at the L&P P6Pro specs vs Cayin R01 it seems to me that at least on paper R01 can only be like an entry level idea of R2R sound signature but without dynamics and SNR of the L&P player...🙄
On the other hand it's less than 50% of its rivals price
Real listening comparisons to be seen...

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #2,766 of 8,027
Are these going more for some reference sub bass raised signature like W2 or different?
Currently using the A01. I have an E02, A01 and R01 all on order.
I honestly cannot complain for the musicality with the A01. It’s warm and natural, maybe a bit more warm than I normally like…but I’m never not impressed with the n6ii. The dynamics do suffer a bit with A01 but the traillii helps with that. Def different from the W2 sound but I prefer the n6ii with A01 to the W2. Ever since getting the N6ii I have not touched the W2 for regular listening but I did compare them and the Cayin blows it out of the water! I’m huge on imaging and soundstage tho so for me the win goes to the cayin! I’m excited to get the other modules along with the C9 to push it further. I’ll let you know for sure:)

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #2,767 of 8,027

I sold my N6ii before I got the bird so I can’t speak for synergy.

But… I did love N6ii a lot! I had A01/T01/E01/E02 for a year, used it every day, and for me it was the most musical and usable Android DAP. Signature varies with modules. I chose N6ii over WM1A and SPK… until M8 came along. The clarity, layering, and dynamics are noticeably better with M8. I’m sure C9 will elevate the performance but without C9, it was no competition to M8.

R01 certainly sounds interesting but I’m on the side lines now as I fear it’s a side grade from the older modules with different tuning. The N6ii still has the same power/form factor limitation which makes it tough to compete with big DAPs like M8.

Since you are an M8 user, I would highly recommend an audition first…

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #2,768 of 8,027
Thx for your feedback,
Just got another disappointment getting my DX Max back from repair after 3 months of absence (lose part inside) and guess what - the issue is still unresolved.
I wrote to my local Ibasso distributor asking for complete refund - that is really a joke waiting for 3 whole months for a simple fix and wondering if it was even examined / opened at all...
Therefore I won't even power it on / reinstall it for testing with the bird, doesn't make sense now...

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #2,769 of 8,027
Thx for your feedback,
Just got another disappointment getting my DX Max back from repair after 3 months of absence (lose part inside) and guess what - the issue is still unresolved.
I wrote to my local Ibasso distributor asking for complete refund - that is really a joke waiting for 3 whole months for a simple fix and wondering if it was even examined / opened at all...
Therefore I won't even power it on / reinstall it for testing with the bird, doesn't make sense now...
What parts was loose inside? And did it effect the operation of the player? Hopefully you get a refund.

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2,770 of 8,027
What parts was loose inside? And did it effect the operation of the player? Hopefully you get a refund.
thx mate
honestly I have no idea, it sounds as there is a lose screw or something and it didn't impact listening experience.
Nevertheless what would you say after sending in a 2k DAP with such an issue and getting it back without any notice with same issues?

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #2,772 of 8,027
Is there a frequency response chart yet?
Yes, by @aaf evo

6E7620B8-A77B-430C-8073-367588E9BD82.jpeg

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #2,773 of 8,027
I actually really like the Trailii out of the SP2000 with/without the C9 depending on my mood. The Hugo2/2Go also works very well with a warmer Class A presentation although the soundstage and airy layering are better in the SP2000.

However, not really a DAP but the Chord TT2 is made to make IEM's sing ... like the Trailii
I haven't heard the Trailii out of a Dave. Yet. I probably shouldn't.
Sorry to be citing you back after quite a while of your post... Just wondering what connector/adaptor you are using between Traillii and TT2.

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #2,774 of 8,027
Jun 12, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #2,775 of 8,027
Spent a bit of time listening to this wallet destroyer of a setup.
9418EB59-62A8-4816-9BAB-EBC5DDCFDB9D.jpeg

Sadly, I think this actually sounds worse with Orpheus compared to 1960s. With 1960s, the DMP gives bird a perfectly balanced, technical yet highly musical sound. However with Orpheus, the mids get pushed too forward and the mid bass sounds a bit too heavy, sacrificing some sub bass rumble and depth.

Pretty disappointing. I was hoping this would’ve been the most incredible listening experience of my life, given the price tag lol. I guess it proves once again that synergy is key. I’ll go back to the stock cable for future bird & DMP sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back