Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 1, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #2,146 of 8,024
My wife has been asking me to go to Hawaii for months... now one more reason to go. :grin:

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #2,147 of 8,024
Can I join? I will grab an airplane ticket to Hawaii tomorrow 😆 (50% vaccinated with pfizer)
Come on over. After July 4, the State plans to accept vaccinations in lieu of quarantine. The more the merrier.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #2,148 of 8,024
I have an IEM vac also. I haven’t had to use it yet once with the bores though. I just use the little brush thing that comes with it if necessary.
I want to get an IEM Vac. Can you post a link of which one to get?

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #2,149 of 8,024
Really thinking about picking up the Traillii. So far I have the Odin, Mest, Valks, and LX. All of them except the Odin are CIEMs, but in the works with Josh for a custom Odin. I'm wondering if the Traillii would complement the other IEMs I current own? Sources that I have been cycling through are the P6 Pro, DMP-Z1, N6ii(A02)+C9 and WM1Z(Romi Mod).
I just need to figure out if it'll be a good addition to the stable and if it is, I'll most likely have to let go my Hugo TT2 :sob:
Man, you have some great gear. I am dying to hear the TT2 + C9 pairing. I can bring some full size headphones to the table. Utopia, Clear, ZMF VC, HD800S, Ananda, 650, 600.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #2,150 of 8,024
Jun 1, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #2,151 of 8,024
Jun 1, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #2,152 of 8,024
Man, you have some great gear. I am dying to hear the TT2 + C9 pairing. I can bring some full size headphones to the table. Utopia, Clear, ZMF VC, HD800S, Ananda, 650, 600.
Wow, you got some nice cans :grin:. The only one I have left is the MDR-Z1R but it's one of the best closed back I've owned, but heard nothing but high praise ZMF VC which I really want to demo.
If I decide to go the Trailli route I may end up letting go the Hugo TT2. Its an excellent DAC/Amp but the Hugo2/2go and DMP is more than enough for me as a desktop replacement.

I also have the FiR audio IEM vac which works well for my use. It comes with a pelican style case which keeps everything nice and tidy.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #2,153 of 8,024
Wow, you got some nice cans :grin:. The only one I have left is the MDR-Z1R but it's one of the best closed back I've owned, but heard nothing but high praise ZMF VC which I really want to demo.
If I decide to go the Trailli route I may end up letting go the Hugo TT2. Its an excellent DAC/Amp but the Hugo2/2go and DMP is more than enough for me as a desktop replacement.

I also have the FiR audio IEM vac which works well for my use. It comes with a pelican style case which keeps everything nice and tidy.
Let me know if you want to get together. We can listen to each other's gear.

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #2,154 of 8,024
Jun 2, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #2,155 of 8,024
I have the one from FiR audio, which I believe is identical to the one 64 audio sells too.

https://www.firaudio.com/store/iem-vac

https://www.64audio.com/collections/maintenance-tools/products/iem-vac
@MusicTeck Andrew, wdyt about the vaac for the bird?
1. Any chance to get a statement from Oriolus about using such maintenance devices?
For a lower price IEM I would just go for it but for the price of the bird I want to be safe
2. Am pretty sure you could sell lots of those vaacs if you take these into your sortiment.
I will be one of the first buyers 😉

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #2,156 of 8,024
I trust @Jack Vang when he says an IEM Vac is designed to clean bores with BA drivers (he was speaking about LX but I can't see why it won't work for the Bird). Definitely a good idea if you don't have mesh over the bores. It's such a low suction force it really shouldn't damage anything. Just don't overreach the nozzle into the bore and you'll be fine. I have the FiR IEM Vac and very glad I do. Has nozzles for both the mesh covering of the Fourte and meshless bores of the LX.

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #2,157 of 8,024
I trust @Jack Vang when he says an IEM Vac is designed to clean bores with BA drivers (he was speaking about LX but I can't see why it won't work for the Bird). Definitely a good idea if you don't have mesh over the bores. It's such a low suction force it really shouldn't damage anything. Just don't overreach the nozzle into the bore and you'll be fine. I have the FiR IEM Vac and very glad I do. Has nozzles for both the mesh covering of the Fourte and meshless bores of the LX.
bringing me to another thought: why no grill on the bird?
on the other hand that will impact sound - same discussion in full size can threads about changing polsters etc.

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #2,158 of 8,024
bringing me to another thought: why no grill on the bird?
on the other hand that will impact sound - same discussion in full size can threads about changing polsters etc.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a resin mould IEM with bores with a grille. Also, it's actually easier to clean out dust and grit from bores than it is a mesh - once it gets past the mesh that is. Also the grille is a point of failure and with 64 Audio IEMs often comes loose. Pros and cons. If you have a VAC, use it once a week to clean out the little bit of dust and dirt that gets into the bores and you'll be fine. The nozzles can reach all the way in to the IEM, not that you'll need to. Alcohol swabbing your ears prior to a listen is also a good idea.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #2,159 of 8,024
I'm not sure I've ever seen a resin mould IEM with bores with a grille. Also, it's actually easier to clean out dust and grit from bores than it is a mesh - once it gets past the mesh that is. Also the grille is a point of failure and with 64 Audio IEMs often comes loose. Pros and cons. If you have a VAC, use it once a week to clean out the little bit of dust and dirt that gets into the bores and you'll be fine. The nozzles can reach all the way in to the IEM, not that you'll need to. Alcohol swabbing your ears prior to a listen is also a good idea.
ordered the 64Audio one - shipping and customs will cost too much again but when having IEMs with a value of a small car then the vaac should be not too much investment.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #2,160 of 8,024
IMG_3617.jpeg

A splash of black and red. And we have the best pairing for the Trailii I have ever heard.
Low gain. ROON -> USB -> Chord Hugo TT -> PWA Audio 3.5 -> 4.4mm adapter -> Trailii

The resolution and clarity here are amazing. Perhaps one of the very few desktop DAC/AMP's at summit fi level that can take IEM's soaring to new heights with low noise floor levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back