Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
May 22, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #31 of 587
Same...pretty sure I'll be early adopting as soon as I get the go ahead from @MusicTeck
Dangerous......I may have to do some more checking behind the sofa, though I think the sofa is pretty bare after the Odin purchase so may get delayed a few months.

May 22, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #32 of 587
I've decided to confine my audio explorations to the sub $2K realm as that will allow me to live within my means and still get to own/sample a number of IEMs.

Back to the previous page it's kind of a fun game reading that translation and trying to figure out what was really meant by some of the words...it's actually not that hard to get a solid picture of the sound. My biggest fear is that it would be too much of an "eastern" tuning (sub bass and upper mid/lower treble emphasis) but based on this review it seems not to be the case. I'm excited to join team Oriolus (even if it's just the farm team and not the Olympic Trailli squad).

May 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #33 of 587
I've decided to confine my audio explorations to the sub $2K realm as that will allow me to live within my means and still get to own/sample a number of IEMs.

Back to the previous page it's kind of a fun game reading that translation and trying to figure out what was really meant by some of the words...it's actually not that hard to get a solid picture of the sound. My biggest fear is that it would be too much of an "eastern" tuning (sub bass and upper mid/lower treble emphasis) but based on this review it seems not to be the case. I'm excited to join team Oriolus (even if it's just the farm team and not the Olympic Trailli squad).

I read from the Isabellae review about the emphasis on the mid bass and that got my attention too - I can sacrifice some soundstage for the rest of the sound going by the review.

I think you're wise on the price limit - I need to think of a total upper limit. I think I have space for another $1200 ish in capacity which I can fill over the year. More than that is getting waaaaay too much I think.

May 22, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #34 of 587
May 22, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #35 of 587
I read from the Isabellae review about the emphasis on the mid bass and that got my attention too - I can sacrifice some soundstage for the rest of the sound going by the review.

I think you're wise on the price limit - I need to think of a total upper limit. I think I have space for another $1200 ish in capacity which I can fill over the year. More than that is getting waaaaay too much I think.

Everyone's limit is different. I like to enjoy a variety of IEMs and in my position to do that there needs to be a firm boundary on how much I'll spend on one.

May 22, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #36 of 587
I’ve ordered one! I was the guy that inquired about it and Andrew ordered me one and is looking into getting me the Isabellae as well. Looking forward to both:)

I wait your “Carcass” feedback!
I own Mest Mk2 and would be interesting a comparison.
Dmagic was my Target but also Carcass is intriguing

May 22, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #37 of 587
I wait your “Carcass” feedback!
I own Mest Mk2 and would be interesting a comparison.
Dmagic was my Target but also Carcass is intriguing
I’ll post impressions once I get the Crassirostris. Unsure when I’ll be receiving them, but I assume Mid June with the arrival of the Isabellae at Musicteck.

May 22, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #38 of 587
May 22, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #39 of 587
http://vaiopocket.seesaa.net/article/477459488.html

Crassirostris is a collaboration model earphone of Jaben and Oriolus, and is a product planned by JABEN CHINA.
The name seems to be a bird called Tanagers, and the box picture also has a bird picture. I think it's probably a bird that sings with a beautiful voice.
The price is open, and the actual sale is planned to be around 122,000 yen excluding tax. The configuration of Crassirostris is a hybrid configuration of BA3 + D1 and basically the same series as Oriolus Reborn, but the BA part (tweeter) is a different model number. This earphone is not monitor-like, but basically tuned so that you can enjoy listening to beautiful sounds. It feels like a derivative model of Oriolus Reborn. The shell is made with 3D printing. The sensitivity is 115dB / mW, the impedance is 21 ohms, the frequency response is 10Hz-40kHz, and the box has a high resolution sticker. The wire material of the cable is copper, silver, silver-plated copper wire. The cable terminal is 3.5 mm. Includes silicone earpiece, foam and double flange (M). The shell is transparent and you can see the driver placement. There is a vent hole directly in the shell space. It looks like there is some filter in the vent hole. The space inside the shell will be a chamber for the dynamic driver. Also, the nozzle part is made wide. The plug is so tight that it feels like a maniac product. The cable is a fairly elaborate standard cable, which is supple and not bad to handle.

IMG_7099_filtered_s.jpg IMG_7100_filtered_s.jpg

IMG_7092_filtered_s.jpg  IMG_7095_filtered_s.jpg  IMG_7112_filtered_s.jpg

IMG_7109_filtered_s.jpg   IMG_7110_filtered_s.jpg  IMG_7116_filtered_s.jpg

Although it is a large shell, it is relatively comfortable to wear, and the silicone earpieces are particularly well made and adhere to each other. It feels like it's sticking to you. I think the sound insulation is quite good. The efficiency is high and it is easy to ring. First, try the A & K AK380, which has a neutral and easy-to-listen sound. It's just tuned musically, so the sound is easy to understand, it has a low center of gravity, the weight of the bass, and the sound spreads great. The AK380 and Crassirostris mid-high range is sharp and you can hear the sound of plucking the guitar clearly. The low range is quite exaggerated and has plenty of volume. It seems to be a hybrid configuration, and you can feel the weight in the sound. From this area as well, the direction of listening while enjoying the sound rather than listening like a monitor is conveyed. However, although the low range is strong, I think the vocals can be heard fairly clearly.The frequency response is quite exaggerated, but the tone itself is rather neutral rather than too warm. I think that this area is also related to the cable characteristics. Another point of Crassirostris is that the sound spreads well. It's a relatively wide person on the left and right. There is also a sense of depth. There is plenty of bass and the sound spreads well, so the scale feeling in an orchestra is also good. The individuality of the sound seems to match the A & K SP1000CP, so when I changed the player, it felt like a big hit. This combination is the best.

IMG_7113_filtered_s.jpg 

IMG_7291_filtered_s.jpg

With the improved sound performance from AK380 to SP1000CP, this also has the meaning of drawing out the power of Crassirostris. Crassirostris is not just a fun type earphone with resolution, but it seems to have high potential. This is probably the result of the original Oriolus Reborn performance. The SP1000CP and Crassirostris high frequencies also feel more beautiful when listened to with the SP1000CP. Combined with the good sound field, in electronica, the sound of a bell or an electronic sound similar to it echoes in my head, and it sounds like a beautiful mid-high range is raised in combination with the rich low range. It seems that you will be drawn into the world of music. In female vocal jazz, whispering vocals are also reproduced in detail. For example, in the classic "Spanish Harlem", the bass of the back sounds a little big, but the vocals are beautiful and the voice quality is also audible. With anime songs, the back performance sounds a little loud, but you can still enjoy it dynamically. In this vocal-based genre, it feels like a reproduction for people who want to enjoy not only vocals but also playing. I think rock is the most suitable genre because it is particularly powerful and has high low-frequency reproduction.

IMG_7292_filtered_s.jpg

There are percussion and drum punches, and the banging sound is powerful and pleasant. The entanglement of the bass guitar and drums that folds up is the best. You can enjoy the powerful and dynamic world of sound. I don't think there are any earphones that can reproduce the comfort of a bass guitar or bass drum so far. You can feel comfortable by hitting the drums and percussion repeatedly, and I think that your feelings will rise considerably.
For example, in the case of metal, you can enjoy each of the songs such as beautiful female vocals that can be heard with a low death growl background, and you can comfortably hear the destructive drums called Dosdondon.

The compatibility with Oriolus 1795 is also good. If you want to listen to it on your smartphone and BT, it wouldn't be interesting without the sound quality of Oriolus 1795.
After all the sound spreads well and you can enjoy the power of the bass. The tone is beautifully reproduced, and the sound and fineness are quite high. Perhaps this combination will allow you to immerse yourself in the music without the feeling of listening to Bluetooth. Oriolus 1795 can also take advantage of crassirostris in that it has a sense of speed for a BT receiver. Oriolus 1795 and Crassirostris Earphones for those who want to enjoy music in the front row with a sense of dynamism rather than analytical. It is also suitable for powerful and high-performance players because it has high basic performance based on Oriolus Reborn. Recommended for those who want to enjoy music and those who have a powerful high-end player.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #40 of 587
May 22, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #41 of 587
D789F784-DC9D-4506-91C9-0218229089FB.jpeg

May 22, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #42 of 587
Oh mannnn, must be excellent to get that award! Which Oriolus do I get now? 😂

I think Isa would be a better complement to the bird, but did not expect this praise for Crassi.

I only just got my DUNU Zen to complement my Luna (brother and sister). Can my collection handle another family?

dang

May 22, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #43 of 587
Yes Crassi was the winner in its price range, along with CFA.
6D44FF75-2E71-464B-A3C5-AB1F76AE7C2D.png

May 23, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #44 of 587
Trailli was first seen July 2020 in stores here, and Crassi September last year. I didn't notice that it's only 2 months apart. That said, I'm planning on going to another store to try a different demo unit of Isa, and maybe ask if they have a demo Crassi there. Once I got the ddhifi 4.4mm adapter from Amazon, I might go tomorrow to confirm my previous Isa impression. Regarding the pricing of Isa, I suspect Oriolus were able lower the margin and cover the R&D cost from Traillii sales. Personally I think $600-700 for Isa's sound, cable and build quality is a good deal in current market. I'm inches away into ordering one when it's released next next Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back