This is a box of traillii, not that fancy looking for the price

AF62109A-10EC-4E34-9DBB-5B1A851C15D7.jpeg

More photos taken by local dealer

C4C4A99F-0AB7-4D8A-8516-3297E8F09F63.jpeg

0758AB8D-9CB9-4E7A-B796-0BAAE4AC303E.jpeg

77F5C975-3D17-438E-868E-94262A1283C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,732 of 1,871
The included cable is PW audio x Hyla RT-1 Arthur, approximately 230k yen. So the unit itself is about 500k, still expensive tho

Photos not mine.

295A158C-C9E5-4ABD-A62C-7E2FBE1E81BC.jpeg
This has to be an incorrect pricing statement. As it's a 230% cost per driver that Oriolus has used in the past including with recent releases. Assuming that corrections will be issued pretty soon.

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #1,733 of 1,871
Any official info on this? I don't see anything on Oriolus JP site. Comments about sound signature? Out of reach for me but curious :)

Apr 5, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #1,734 of 1,871
#
Any official info on this? I don't see anything on Oriolus JP site. Comments about sound signature? Out of reach for me but curious :)

official info not available yet, I heard oriolus jp will release traillii at the end of april but due to covid-19, it can be postponed
7 pc sold in S.Korea, I was one of them
I used 3-4 weeks and I sold them because they were too expensive for the sound
about sound signature they are balanced but slightly low-mid emphasized
compared to empire audio wraith (7ba + 4est), they are different brand but sounded similar to my ears, traillii had wider soundstage than wraith though
in my country, traillii seems overhyped right now, I think they are just an expensive ordinary iem

Apr 5, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #1,735 of 1,871
#

official info not available yet, I heard oriolus jp will release traillii at the end of april but due to covid-19, it can be postponed
7 pc sold in S.Korea, I was one of them
I used 3-4 weeks and I sold them because they were too expensive for the sound
about sound signature they are balanced but slightly low-mid emphasized
compared to empire audio wraith (7ba + 4est), they are different brand but sounded similar to my ears, traillii had wider soundstage than wraith though
in my country, traillii seems overhyped right now, I think they are just an expensive ordinary iem
You sold them already? That's some loss considering the retail price is like 7-8 million KRW...

Apr 20, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #1,737 of 1,871
I agree, it's a shame to see another manufacturer take the "crazy" route. I loved my Oriolus Mk2, but the price was steep then; now it's just absurd. Bye, bye, Baby.

I feel that in recent times manufactors are not like “let`s make a great IEM, no matter what it costs“ anymore but instead literally: „Let`s try to sell an IEM for 6500 Dollars!“

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,738 of 1,871
So I can safely say the Reborn is lighter than the Mk2. It also seems to have just a smidge better separation, width and is just a tad less dark than the Mk2 to my ears. These are all welcome changes to this update IEM. Oh and the bass is still king

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #1,739 of 1,871
So I can safely say the Reborn is lighter than the Mk2. It also seems to have just a smidge better separation, width and is just a tad less dark than the Mk2 to my ears. These are all welcome changes to this update IEM. Oh and the bass is still king

It`s so interesting that perception of Oriolus seems to vary so much. I`ve heard other people calling them dark, but since I am using Oriolus (Mk2) I have compared them to many other earphones and have never ever thought they sound dark.
They have elevated mids, yes, but to me, they are still on the brighter side of the spectrum. For example, to me they sound way brighter than the Fidue Sirius or NCM NC5V2, that have similar driver configurations. Might just be a question of the definition of the term "bright", which may vary. Or maybe fit?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #1,740 of 1,871
It`s so interesting that perception of Oriolus seems to vary so much. I`ve heard other people calling them dark, but since I am using Oriolus (Mk2) I have compared them to many other earphones and have never ever thought they sound dark.
They have elevated mids, yes, but to me, they are still on the brighter side of the spectrum. For example, to me they sound way brighter than the Fidue Sirius or NCM NC5V2, that have similar driver configurations. Might just be a question of the definition of the term "bright", which may vary. Or maybe fit?

I always felt the Mk2 had a warm/neutral sound, but was very revealing of source. So if the source was a bit bright this could be discerned w that iem.

Really loving the Reborn. Same resolution, mids and bass that I got used to with the Mk2, but there’s more stage. It’s just that much more out of and around my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back