Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Jul 7, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #1,636 of 1,871
I several seen Mk II's posted in the FS with cracking issues after being dropped (claimed single drops, too!).

So the Mk II is probably not the IEM for me, as I drop EVERYTHING, although I'd like to try one .. I currently have the Hyla TE-5B (CE would probably be a slightly better choice for me), and I believe the Mk II has the vocal mids that the 5B has misplaced :D

Yep, I switch back and forth between CE-5 and Mk2 and love 'em both for what they do. :)

Jul 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,639 of 1,871
i have both.
For reborn i use their stock foam tips which is a pain to install and they are so big and hurt my ears after wearing them more than 30 minutes. If anyone have a recommendation of what foam tips to make it more comfortable please let me know :D

For tg334, i use their stock double wall silicon tips and it fits comfortably.

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,641 of 1,871
@kohjul which one has the larger shell? Can you share a photo of it side by side w/o the cables?
I appreciate it much..

for sure its going to be the Oriolus by far brotha. really hurt my ear, because the shell is so big that put pressure in the outer ear wall if you understand what im trying to say lol:ksc75smile:
thumbnail_IMG_3039.jpgthumbnail_IMG_3041.jpg

there you go brotha, hope this help
Bf7YZ11

JzQfgFm

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,647 of 1,871
i have both.
For reborn i use their stock foam tips which is a pain to install and they are so big and hurt my ears after wearing them more than 30 minutes. If anyone have a recommendation of what foam tips to make it more comfortable please let me know :D

For tg334, i use their stock double wall silicon tips and it fits comfortably.

I use foams for my MK2 from Penon Audio. They are like what? A dollar or two? The bass quantity is lessened (different seal, but does seal btw) but the mids (how can I say) "opens" up. Worth looking into.

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #1,648 of 1,871
The size of the Oriolus is what turned me away from it. The CE-5 simply fits a lot better

Jul 16, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #1,649 of 1,871
The size of the Oriolus is what turned me away from it. The CE-5 simply fits a lot better
Got the same experience with you. Sold Oriolus MKII for CE-5.
CE-5 + the vocal presentation of MKII would be the end game for me. No one is perfect. Reborn is supposed to provide better fitting, but haven't got chance to try as I am quite happy with CE-5 oeverall.

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #1,650 of 1,871
Got the same experience with you. Sold Oriolus MKII for CE-5.
CE-5 + the vocal presentation of MKII would be the end game for me. No one is perfect. Reborn is supposed to provide better fitting, but haven't got chance to try as I am quite happy with CE-5 oeverall.

I can assure u broo, the mids of the reborn is better and the vocal is just perfect :D
but maybe that magic cymbal sounds a little bit less than ce5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back