Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Sep 7, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #1,248 of 1,871
Oh, you finally got yours? Please do share more! :)
Lovely sounding straight out the box. Stock tips are the most atrocious ever. Only foam tips are even usable.
Its basically a budget bravado which is even more tip dependent. Impactful bass, smooth response in the mids and treble with no sibilance. With wide bore tips, the bass is thunderous with vocals slightly behind the vocals with the treble slightly lifted over the vocals but behind the bass. With final audio tips, the vocals get kicked forward, now in front of the bass and slightly behind treble, but, the bass is still awesome and hits like a truck. I am loving every second of it xD. This is very close to my ideal sound signature. Easily "tweakable" with a cheapish cable.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,249 of 1,871
Lovely sounding straight out the box. Stock tips are the most atrocious ever. Only foam tips are even usable.
Its basically a budget bravado which is even more tip dependent. Impactful bass, smooth response in the mids and treble with no sibilance. With wide bore tips, the bass is thunderous with vocals slightly behind the vocals with the treble slightly lifted over the vocals but behind the bass. With final audio tips, the vocals get kicked forward, now in front of the bass and slightly behind treble, but, the bass is still awesome and hits like a truck. I am loving every second of it xD. This is very close to my ideal sound signature. Easily "tweakable" with a cheapish cable.
Nice. :thumbsup: Glad you found a partner for your Spartan. The neutral, and the fun. A perfect balance. :)

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #1,250 of 1,871
How about some pics?

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #1,252 of 1,871
P_20180908_132137.jpg

My phone camera also doesn't do it justice. But luckily the sky was clear today, providing a decent light. :)

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #1,253 of 1,871
Is there a lip on the end of the nozzle to stop the tips falling off? Or is it completely smooth (of which I have an inherent dislike in case the tips come off in your ears).

Nice shot. Stock cable or extra?

Sep 8, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,255 of 1,871
Is there a lip on the end of the nozzle to stop the tips falling off? Or is it completely smooth (of which I have an inherent dislike in case the tips come off in your ears).

Stock cable. Nice lip too. I love the sound with the final audio tips and tip rolling is a great way to get different ss out of it

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #1,257 of 1,871
Hey I ordered the Finschi off Penon on the 5th. Anyone know what the ETA to the states would be? Didnt have an option for express shipping so flat rate...

Any info appreciated!

I live in Canada, and it can vary between 3 days to a entire week. Tracking is reliable too. Keep us posted and do throw in impressions/ comparisons. Congrats.

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #1,258 of 1,871

Thanks! :)

There is. It's similar to the previous Oriolus model.
9222165.jpg

(Oriolus V2)

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #1,260 of 1,871
Wait, I didn't know they have 3 bores with 2 drivers........
Wait, this is the MK2, not the Finschi xD sorry.
That was the V2. Here is the Finschi. The model is similar.
1231241254124515253253513.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back