Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #1,157 of 1,871
Today I had the chance to directly compare Oriolus Mk1 and Oriolus Reborn. I did not expect any major differences but was quite surprised that they DID sound quite different! Reborn sounded even fuller and meatier and it`s bass definitely had more subbass rumble compared to MK1! I even swapped the cables to double check about the difference in sound, but it stayed. After talking to the guy from E-Earphone he told me, that in fact Reborn and MK2 are supposed to sound the same, but MK1 sounds different...something that I have not read here before.

I actually prefered the sound of Reborn, because this was more what I was expecting from Oriolus. Originally I was thinking of getting a used MK1 (because they are not so expensive anymore), but will now rethink my decision....even thinking of getting the custom version of Reborn.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #1,158 of 1,871
Today I had the chance to directly compare Oriolus Mk1 and Oriolus Reborn. I did not expect any major differences but was quite surprised that they DID sound quite different! Reborn sounded even fuller and meatier and it`s bass definitely had more subbass rumble compared to MK1! I even swapped the cables to double check about the difference in sound, but it stayed. After talking to the guy from E-Earphone he told me, that in fact Reborn and MK2 are supposed to sound the same, but MK1 sounds different...something that I have not read here before.

I actually prefered the sound of Reborn, because this was more what I was expecting from Oriolus. Originally I was thinking of getting a used MK1 (because they are not so expensive anymore), but will now rethink my decision....even thinking of getting the custom version of Reborn.
Maybe you should try the mk2 as well, before that. Those should also be going for reasonable prices nowadays

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #1,162 of 1,871
The new version of Forsteni with 4.4mm seems really good. Either this or iT04

Attachments

• 8572C88B-240E-4855-BD45-0222A5E3128C.jpeg
    8572C88B-240E-4855-BD45-0222A5E3128C.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 6, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #1,163 of 1,871
I bought some Symbio W tips and they seem to do very well. Definitely an improvement over spiral dots in terms of isolation, especially the mid/high frequencies. They are very finickly to use though. Took me some time to get a good fit.
I need to take the subway / sit near a bus engine to further evaluate.

I would like to reshell my Oriolus. They are my most favourite IEM ever but lack a lot of isolation on the go. Does anyone know how much the sound signature changes? I assume since the bass port is open there will be some change.
How did they handle it with the original custom oriolus?

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #1,168 of 1,871
Quick question for those who have or tested the Reborn.
How are these for rock and edm?
I'm looking for a good presence of the guitar crunch, deep bass and full, emotional vocals.

Since no one has replied yet, I personally love them for rock and metal. For EDM, the bass might be too slow and the treble too soft (so I prefer my Hyla CE-5), but this is if you stick with the PW No.5 cable. If you want more energy and a tighter mid-bass, then switch to the EA Ares II. I feel with these two cables, you can have the best of both worlds. Your source and ear tips will also have an effect on the overall sound.

I've been using the Ares II+ (bassier than regular II) for awhile now, and while I love the energy and speed of this cable, it pushes male vocals back. However, I find the No.5 a little too smooth for my tastes, so I've been thinking of purchasing the PW Saladin, which is supposed to be the No.5's successor. The added silver sounds like it might be an in-between of the Ares and No.5, not to mention its cheaper than the other cables I was looking at.

Edit: Or an Ares II 8-wire...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #1,169 of 1,871
Since no one has replied yet, I personally love them for rock and metal. For EDM, the bass might be too slow and the treble too soft (so I prefer my Hyla CE-5), but this is if you stick with the PW No.5 cable. If you want more energy and a tighter mid-bass, then switch to the EA Ares II. I feel with these two cables, you can have the best of both worlds. Your source and ear tips will also have an effect on the overall sound.

I've been using the Ares II+ (bassier than regular II) for awhile now, and while I love the energy and speed of this cable, it pushes male vocals back. However, I find the No.5 a little too smooth for my tastes, so I've been thinking of purchasing the PW Saladin, which is supposed to be the No.5's successor. The added silver sounds like it might be an in-between of the Ares and No.5, not to mention its cheaper than the other cables I was looking at.

Edit: Or an Ares II 8-wire...

Thanks for the details!
I've also read some other impressions based on which the Reborn is considered too soft.
Maybe you will share some thoughts after purchasing the Saladin cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back