Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Aug 7, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #1,188 of 1,871
I have no idea bro. But that’s strange to see it shows “product not found” on Oriolus’s Page

I had the impression they created them in batches. You may have to wait if you want to buy directly from their online page. (And surely there's other online distributors as well)

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #1,190 of 1,871
Meanwhile, over at E-earphones....

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopbrand/ct2292/

Even the new product (Finschi) is listed for pre-orders...

Just because Oriolus doesn't have stock, doesn't mean they're pulling out of the market la. They sell to their retailers/dealers in batches, and also a certain audio event is going down in HK this weekend, we may hear more from them soon...

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #1,191 of 1,871
P_20180811_145946.jpg

Oriolus Finschi. Bought a pair after a couple of minutes demo. :D Lol. Sounds fantastic. The shell is a bit transparent, and the cable is very comfortable. The sound is wow. The tuning I feel is tasteful. A big powerful (sub-)bass, and also clear excellent vocals. The timbre is great, and extension too. The bass especially reaches down low, and bangs so powerfully but not overwhelmingly. Giving space for the midrange to shine, and it shines so sweet accurately well. Will need to listen more, this was just my initial impression after a couple of hours listen. Great IEM, and for $200 too. :)

P_20180811_174106.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,192 of 1,871
P_20180811_145946.jpg

Oriolus Finschi. Bought a pair after a couple of minutes demo. :D Lol. Sounds fantastic. The shell is a bit transparent, and the cable is very comfortable. The sound is wow. The tuning I feel is tasteful. A big powerful (sub-)bass, and also clear excellent vocals. The timbre is great, and extension too. The bass especially reaches down low, and bangs so powerfully but not overwhelmingly. Giving a bit of space for the midrange to shine, and it shines so sweet accurately well. Will need to listen more, this was just my initial impression after a couple of hours listen. Great IEM, and for $200 too. :)

P_20180811_174106.jpg

looks sweet, any comparisons w EE Bravado? =p

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #1,193 of 1,871
looks sweet, any comparisons w EE Bravado? =p
Can't say much, but from memory the Bravado sounded more V-shaped. The midrange was less forward, and clear. And its timbre less natural, and sweet IMO (especially vocals). Finschi' sound signature overall feels more linear/neutral, with a lift in sub/mid-bass. The bass quantity compared if I'm not mistaken, Finschi has more lift in sub-bass, and Bravado in mid/upper-bass. Finschi' upper-bass is less I think making its mids sound more forward and clearer. The quality of the bass I find are almost equal, with Finschi being more raw, and visceral in the sub region. YMMV.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #1,194 of 1,871
Can't say much, but from memory the Bravado sounded more V-shaped. The midrange was less forward, and clear. And its timbre less natural, and sweet IMO (especially vocals). Finschi' sound signature overall feels more linear/neutral, with a lift in sub/mid-bass. The bass quantity compared if I'm not mistaken, Finschi has more lift in sub-bass, and Bravado in mid/upper-bass. Finschi' upper-bass is less I think making its mids sound more forward and clearer. The quality of the bass I find are almost equal, with Finschi being more raw, and visceral in the sub region. Treble extension is slightly better with Finschi I think. The Bravado has a good smooth treble too, but the upper-mid lift I felt was more prominent. YMMV.

sounds like a bargain for USD200 then..

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,196 of 1,871
IMO, Finschi is really good at portraying, and positioning vocals. For a hybrid IEM, this I think is difficult because of the oftentimes overpowering bass interfering. Rare to find one that could balance both just right. The combination of a clear, forward midrange, with a big bass, and enough treble. :)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,200 of 1,871
I have the v2... i need moar comparisons to see if I really need this
To me they're tuned quite differently. V2 IMO has a more v-shaped sound signature, while the Finschi is more mid-forward to put it simply. The V2 I feel is slightly more coloured in tone, and less balanced in the mids. Both have a sparkly upper-mid/treble, and powerful dynamic bass. The Finschi having a quieter lower midrange, and a smoother treble, creating a more natural vocal sound to my ears

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back