Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Jan 11, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #574 of 1,871
Hi guys, can anyone help me with this?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/831931/putting-connecting-2-pin-iem-connectors-backwards

I got an Oriolus Forsteni last weekend and balanced cable the day before yesterday. Been putting it the wrong way since and just changed back to normal cable now for the balanced cable to be returned since it curved the wrong way and its not wired, more like a rubber mold so i can't rearrange the curve of the ear hook part of the cable..

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #577 of 1,871
  What type of music does these do best? Is it a good all rounder?

For me, it's a decent all rounder. It's a little bassy though, but I'm someone who listens to mostly heavier rock and electronic music. Highs are decently extended but not the sharpest. There's a peak around 2-4khz or something I don't remember exactly, but it does give a lot of presence to vocals and instruments too. So it's quite a W shaped sound signature and IMO fits most if not all genres.

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #578 of 1,871
  For me, it's a decent all rounder. It's a little bassy though, but I'm someone who listens to mostly heavier rock and electronic music. Highs are decently extended but not the sharpest. There's a peak around 2-4khz or something I don't remember exactly, but it does give a lot of presence to vocals and instruments too. So it's quite a W shaped sound signature and IMO fits most if not all genres.

Thanks, then this will be what I've been looking for 
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #579 of 1,871
Mk1 is kinda dark blue body with no Oriolus branding on shell

Mk2 is black with golden Oriolus branding on the shell

Version 2? are u referring to the Oriolus Forsteni?

Hi guys...new to the thread. Just received my Oriolus mk2...or so I hope as it's what I ordered! 
It's probably an old question but what makes it mk2? The cable? I don't have the PW Audio cable. I have the one with the L shape connector.
But going on the above, the shells are black with golden Oriolus branding.

Thanks

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #580 of 1,871
Hi guys...new to the thread. Just received my Oriolus mk2...or so I hope as it's what I ordered! 
It's probably an old question but what makes it mk2? The cable? I don't have the PW Audio cable. I have the one with the L shape connector.
But going on the above, the shells are black with golden Oriolus branding.

Thanks

mk2 just has different shell. PW audio cable only comes with certain regional versions and is more expensive.

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #581 of 1,871
mk2 just has different shell. PW audio cable only comes with certain regional versions and is more expensive.

Cheers. So if the shell is black with the gold logo it's definitely a mk2? Mk 1 is darkish blue with NO branding on shell?

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #585 of 1,871
for the oriolus, the stock cable is really bad, th pwaudio 5 just brings the oriolus to an upper level !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back