Original Ausdom M04S Bluetooth Headphone Deals
Nov 7, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #46 of 71
Interesting. Thanks for providing your view!!  It seems that one of the things the company could improve on are minor details. In the manual that came with my M04, it says the response is 20Hz-20KHz, with no +/-dB tolerance, rendering the spec pretty much useless. The highs as you said could use much better extension, and the bass is a bit much.

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #47 of 71
I think you have the older M04. The updated one is the M04s.

The numbering of the models doesn't seem to follow quality of sound numerically. The hierarchy is as follows (best first) ......

M05, M08, M04s, M06, M04 and then M07.

I found this slightly puzzling since pricing in the UK doesn't clearly show it; especially with Bestdeal prices being a long way down by comparison.

The M04s is very bassy and treble extension goes to 10kHz, not 20.

Checked - the older one (M04) is on Amazon for $35 - the discount code at the start of the thread does not work (would not expect it to).

The M04S is listed for around $55 on Amazon and the discount code drops off $10.99 to make it $44. This applied to 2 out of 3 listings. Would not work on the 3rd listing.

The start of the thread implies you can get an M04S for $35 with the discount code. Just wanted folks to know that is not working as best I can tell.

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #48 of 71
The lack of treble extension makes them a no go for me personally, so in the end, I didn't review them, but I'd like to see how they fit in with the series actually.

It might be possible to 'voice' them slightly differently via some minor mods because the build and range are actually quite good, so there's a lot of potential there.

Ausdom is a new company I think. I had a look on their site and there is a forum link that hasn't yet been activated. So I think they are looking towards a customer base where people openly discuss their products, which is a very 'healthy' (but can be painful for the company) thing to do.

There was some great liaison with Aune which saw the development of the gorgeous Panda amps into the Panda 2 and also the drop dead gorgeous S2 amp from them. They've been a bit quiet in the last year but the development of their gear was really good to see.

Fiio and the x series of players and now the iem is another great example. And boy, have Fiio taken some on the chin in the process.

Superlux also liaised with customers with their excellent (very cheap) headphones.

The thing is,companies like that deserve respect for basically sticking their heads out. I know that basically, they're trying to sell products, but if the process involves their customers, then it can lead to really good things.

Perhaps Ausdom is the same? And the more feedback they get, the better for everyone. Good and bad feedback can be very useful for them to improve or develop new products.

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #49 of 71
Checked - the older one (M04) is on Amazon for $35 - the discount code at the start of the thread does not work (would not expect it to).

The M04S is listed for around $55 on Amazon and the discount code drops off $10.99 to make it $44. This applied to 2 out of 3 listings. Would not work on the 3rd listing.

The start of the thread implies you can get an M04S for $35 with the discount code. Just wanted folks to know that is not working as best I can tell.

Strange. Mine didn't work in the UK until Ausdom provided the code and link on here for me. Then it worked straight away.

Tbh, I wish I'd gone for the M05 instead though. If I was aware of the hierarchy, I would have but I knew very little about Ausdom at the time.

I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #50 of 71
finally finished my review of the NFC capable, Ausdom M04S!

Enjoy guys!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ausdom-m04s-b-wireless-bluetooth-headphones-for-smartphone-tablet-pc-mac-and-laptop-retail-packaging-black/reviews/14455

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #51 of 71
Thanks Tom. Good review and is what I get from the M04s. Smooth, large bass and rolled down treble. The three and half stars reflect the fact that the M04s sits right in the middle of their range.

How do you get the format for reviews on here?

Btw, have you heard the M05? I'm very curious as to how that one is voiced, or whether it has the same amount of bass boost and lack of extension in comparison to the M04s.

The numbering of the models is quite confusing and I had no idea that the '5' is supposed to be the better of the batch until Grace let me know. Until then, I presumed it was the M08. The M05 is at a really excellent price on Gearbest at £28.54 but on Amazon UK, it's £59.99. Pricing is all over the place and doesn't reflect the hierarchy.

Also, has anyone in USA tried the ANC7 yet? Another I'm curious about.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #52 of 71

Hi, here is the new code that works: 
9JW3HDMS(US), $ 18 off
M04SDEAL(UK) , 12GBP OFF 

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #53 of 71
Strange. Mine didn't work in the UK until Ausdom provided the code and link on here for me. Then it worked straight away.

Tbh, I wish I'd gone for the M05 instead though. If I was aware of the hierarchy, I would have but I knew very little about Ausdom at the time.

I'm sure they'll get back to you.

haha, thanks so much, AUSDOM is always right  here for you

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #56 of 71
1Sale coupon for Ausdom Bluetooth headphones probably good for a couple of days for $36.99.  

Apply Promo Code "9JW3HDMS" At Checkout

For the Coupon Code to work the deal must be "Sold by Grand Electronics". Use this link which 
should take you directly to Grand Electronics as the seller: http://amzn.to/1Mm5kmX

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #57 of 71
Although I found the bass levels to be very high and treble extension low on the M04s, the range of the Bluetooth was very good compared with other same priced headphones that I have here.

I wandered out into my garden with the player indoors and it kept pretty much in contact down to my garage which is more than 10 meters. This morning, I put the player upstairs and cut the lawn with the headphones on and they held quite easily.

I have to admit that the build of these and the range has got me more interested in the better ones sold by Ausdom. Quoted figures are 20kHz in the treble instead of 10 so at least the top may well be improved.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #58 of 71
Although I found the bass levels to be very high and treble extension low on the M04s, the range of the Bluetooth was very good compared with other same priced headphones that I have here.

I wandered out into my garden with the player indoors and it kept pretty much in contact down to my garage which is more than 10 meters. This morning, I put the player upstairs and cut the lawn with the headphones on and they held quite easily.

I have to admit that the build of these and the range has got me more interested in the better ones sold by Ausdom. Quoted figures are 20kHz in the treble instead of 10 so at least the top may well be improved.

its definitely not neutral or balanced thats for sure

but i think its a safe tuning given the price and the various other features involved (the average consumer i believe will enjoy it quite well)

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #59 of 71
I agree. It's heavily weighted towards bass but doesn't have a strong top end to counter balance it. Even if it had a more 'v' shape, it would be better subjectively, perhaps. Sound is improved via the wired connection.

None of my other Bluetooth headphones work quite as far away though which surprised me. I even tried a couple of those sender/receiver units with a normal headphone and it outdistanced them as well!!

I tried a JETech and DBPower Bluetooth sender as well as some Sony and Henson headphones. The Ausdom seems to receive at slightly longer distance and is less flaky in the house.

I was thinking of drilling a vent into the cups to try and get the bass level to drop.

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #60 of 71
  1Sale coupon for Ausdom Bluetooth headphones probably good for a couple of days for $36.99.  

For the Coupon Code to work the deal must be "Sold by Grand Electronics". Use this link which 
should take you directly to Grand Electronics as the seller: http://amzn.to/1Mm5kmX

You are so warm harted, did you get a AUSDOM M04S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back