Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They suck anyways...

Which "they?" AMP3, or the IE8s?

Jan 24, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #182 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which "they?" AMP3, or the IE8s?

Neither I was just joking....but...

I'm having a really hard time finding a good seal in my left ear. My right ear is being sealed by a large Shure olive.

The left ear is tough. And I feel like some bass may be leaking out

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #183 of 294
I just checked their website and on my acct page the had left the following up date: "23/01/2009 Picking Transaction Released" (Ordered the IE8's on Jan. 11)

For those of you on this side of the pond, when did you finally receive your IEM's from AMP3 after they posted this info?

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #184 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THEY ******** CANCELLED MY ORDER

They e-mailed me yesterday saying my credit card company had denied the transaction. I called my credit card company shortly after receiving the e-mail, got the transaction verified, and e-mailed AMP3 back all within about an hour, telling them to run the transaction again. I log on today to check my order status:

"My Order History

You have not yet made any purchases."

WHAT

THE

*****!?!?

Same kind of issues here. Except my order wasn't cancelled.

Their credit card processing system seems to be a mess.

First they emailed me to ask for a credit card statement as they claimed the CC billing address was different from the shipping address. The addresses were the exact same, but I answered their email with what they wanted anyway. After 2 days no reply and I had to call them and tell them to look at my email, they eventually validated the order.

Then on Friday when the IE8s got in stock they emailed me as the transaction was refused by my bank. The bank told me there is not reason the card would be refused. So I called AMP3 again, and they re-processed the payment which went fine.

My order status is now showing "picking", so hopefully they will ship it on Monday and everything is fine. But I never had to call an online store twice and wait 3-4 days just to get a credit card payment processed before.

When you call them they sound pretty serious. But they really need to do something about the way they are processing credit cards and managing order backlogs. Even if everything ends up OK I will think twice before ordering again and probably prefer any other website that I trust if the price is similar.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #185 of 294
Like some of you, amp3 asked me to prove that the credit card was mine. I did a Print Screen of my credit card account online and e-mailed them the picture. I called them 2 hours after I did that, and they processed it. It did make me feel safe, for sure.

In terms of how my order went....They were ordered on 12/31/08. I received the "picking" e-mail on 01/06/08. They left amp3 on 01/08/09 and came to me in the Pittsburgh, PA area on 01/20/09.

So from the time I ordered to the time I received them, it was 3 long, treacherous, depressing, agonizing, pain-filled weeks of torture. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but I was anxious to receive them (as hinted by me making a thread about it. see: this thread)

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #186 of 294
At least a lot of you guys have yours now. Or at least have an order in for them. I'm literally back where I started and I don't know where to go.

I'm probably going to wait for an e-mail back from them. I deserve another freakin' discount after all this crap.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #187 of 294
Quote:

At least a lot of you guys have yours now. Or at least have an order in for them. I'm literally back where I started and I don't know where to go.

I'm probably going to wait for an e-mail back from them. I deserve another freakin' discount after all this crap.

Yeah moseboy, I feel bad for you and your situation.

If you're willing to shell out a little more money, why not go to soundearphones.com? They're about $90 more (after discount), and they're in the USA. So, faster shipping and guaranteed warranty. I think I have already made this suggestion, and no, I don't work for that retailer.

Just trying to help out.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #188 of 294
Over $300 is just too much for me right now unfortunately, otherwise I'd do that. EarphoneSolutions gave me so much less trouble than AMP3.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #189 of 294
Quote:

THEY ******** CANCELLED MY ORDER

They e-mailed me yesterday saying my credit card company had denied the transaction. I called my credit card company shortly after receiving the e-mail, got the transaction verified, and e-mailed AMP3 back all within about an hour, telling them to run the transaction again. I log on today to check my order status:

"My Order History

You have not yet made any purchases."

WHAT

THE

*****!?!?

Guys no F word in the forum please ^ ^ there are kids under 13~

It sometimes happens when your CC company does not authorize that transaction, maybe because your CC cannot be used for international transaction or simply because you run out of limits~

My order still not shipped, I ordered on the 2nd Jan~Wow, almost forgot about it~
Well 2 days ago they sent me a Email with a status update, PICKING~

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #190 of 294
I'm not mad about my credit card company not authorizing the transaction. I'm mad about AMP3 canceling my order after me just having authorized the transaction an hour after they sent me the e-mail telling me to do so.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #192 of 294
Was yours sold out when you ordered? Is it still the same price today?

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #193 of 294
yeah it was sold out i don't know when i would be getting it but i'll wait for that price
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #194 of 294
Right now, it's 3 dollars less than what I paid for it. Maybe I should just order again and put a comment in there saying "Yeah, this is my second time ordering this product.... Don't cancel my order this time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back