Ordering Sennheiser IE8 from AMP3.co.uk
Mar 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #271 of 294
Well, I don't really know what to say to that lol! What don't you like about ebay/amazon stores/sellers? You're missing out on many options though by not using em.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #273 of 294
Amazon is an excellent retailer. If you have doubts then just avoid the marketplace and buy from them direct. But I do know based on experience that Amazon is very good at handling any issues that may arise from a rogue marketplace seller.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #274 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by reminence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Options?

Please explain.

Soz, not most accurate term there. I meant buying alternatives and options to consider from a buying perspective, potentially missing out on a better price etc. It's like shopping in a city centre for sneakers but refusing to go into it's Mall (too mcuh american tv).

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #275 of 294
Ahh, I see.

I guess in my experience I have found going through several companies usualy means less service, slower comunication and false information. Where as large companies that sell direct and that can afford to have their own website etc have a higher standard of service. Again this is just my opinion.

As for the specific IE8 store, I am considering it but somehow i am doubting the words "in stock". Maybe i just like to see just how many there are in stock to assure me there stock monitoring works and is tracked.

Also a quick search in there storefornt reveals no IE8 in their inventory only ie7 and below. clicking on shipping rates reveals no information at all.... its simply not professional and implies their service is the same.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #276 of 294
hey guys i just got an email from AMP3.co.uk. any of you with outstanding orders from them beware.

Hi,

Thank you for your email. I'm afraid that at the moment the supplier have not been able to confirm an updated arrival date. However, any order on the system will be treated as a priority for shipping as soon as the units arrive in the warehouse.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Elliot Holmes (Advanced MP3 Players)

TEL: 0131 273 4387
FAX: 0131 273 4397
EMAIL: sales@advancedmp3players.co.uk
WEB: Advanced MP3 Players - the MP3 player experts

i wait for over a month, with extremely poor customer service, no updates, and given a promise of stock delivery on the 24th feb 2009, and all they offer is their apologies and no confirmed date. if this isn't a scam, i don't know what is. if nothing is done soon, i would be filing a complaint with paypal, and whichever relevant authorities to get this site shut down.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #277 of 294
Saintkeat, you don't need to file a claim with Paypal. Just ask AMP3 to refund you asap. I think it states on the website that orders can be cancelled at any time, so just ask them to cancel and refund your card. You might want to call them though, don't bother sending an email!

I agree their email communication is dire, and really needs to be looked at. But if you call them, you'll find they're very friendly and helpful, and will probably be very apologetic about the issues you've had with them.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #279 of 294
to Sainkeat.
If there is a problem with the suplier and it was the suplier that gave them the delivery eta then its completely out of the hands of amp3.com and they could not have done anything to avert the situation. All i am saying is that your blame maybe directed at the wrong people.

Also it seams like almost all sites (with reasonable prices) have no stock so there maybe somthing going on with the suppliers or sennheiser itself. (new tips in the IE8 package maybe)

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #281 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by reminence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to Sainkeat.
If there is a problem with the suplier and it was the suplier that gave them the delivery eta then its completely out of the hands of amp3.com and they could not have done anything to avert the situation. All i am saying is that your blame maybe directed at the wrong people.

Also it seams like almost all sites (with reasonable prices) have no stock so there maybe somthing going on with the suppliers or sennheiser itself. (new tips in the IE8 package maybe)

Agreed. The lack of communique is not nice but if they cannot obtain stock then what more can they do? I myself had to wait a similar length of time to recieve my order of IE8's from ADMp3 as several stock arrival dates fell through. It is frustrating, especially when your moneys been taken, but you have to try and diffuse that by understanding the situation. I did alil more than frustrated myself but that was only because others who had purchased/paid for the IE8's at a later date than me were having theirs shipped out to them before me (along with the total lack of communication from the vendor and the fact that I had paid for the item).

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #282 of 294
true that.. my point is that the customer should know WHEN they know.. its real dodgy what they're doing.. and i can't help feeling scammed and nothing to show for it but a heck load of disappointment and a 'apology'.

i'm sharing this with all of you so anyone who wants to order from them would think twice, and anyone who has ordered with them would be much better informed.

of cos when it comes down to it i'd just have to suck it up and get it somewhere else, but after being really nice and patient with them, and note i haven't hassled them before this at all, you can't help feeling conned. this ought to teach them a thing or two about good customer service.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #283 of 294
I can see why they might hold off on telling and that is usualy due to how it can take a few extra days for a shipment to come in which can be normal.
But yes if they dont tell their users after the first few days of the delivery eta then that is bad service.

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #284 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Sennheiser IE 8 -IE Series Ear-Canal Phones

Checked the obvious. Amazon and their 3rd party marketplace vendors. You'd have to check any of those third party seller's returns policies, terms and conditions, delivery timescales and that out though!

I can recommend ''Discount Discs'' from this link. I ordered mine from there and they were delivered next day - Sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back