Ordering Sennheiser IE8 from AMP3.co.uk
Mar 2, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #257 of 294
i had to scroll to page 12 to revive this thread.. and i have good reason too so hear me out..

early feb i received an email notification from amp3.co.uk and it stated that they would receive stock by 24/2/09 and my order would be shipped out shortly after.. i have performed regular checks on my account and its frozen at this:

17/02/2009 Awaiting Stock Thank you for your order from Advanced MP3 Players. The product you have ordered is temporarily out of stock. We are currently awaiting a stock delivery of the Sennheiser IE8 High-Fidelity Noise-Isolating Earphones from our supplier.
STOCK UPDATE: We are expecting stock to arrive on 24/02/2009.
If you wish to cancel or change your order, please reply to this email; otherwise, your order will be despatched as a priority when stock arrives. You will be kept regularly updated via email regarding the status of your order. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

it is the 2nd day of march, i have had no updates, no emails, no tracking number, nothing to show for 200 quid and over 1 month of waiting.. if there is a representative on this forum its time to speak up before your site gets labelled black

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #258 of 294
Advancedmp3players.co.uk's CS and communication with customers by e-mail has been shoddy since Christmas, for whatever reason or combination of reasons (there was something said about a server of theirs shutting down and, also, linked to the aformentioned or not, a new browser being finalised and prepped for launch). If you can, you really are best ringing them up; the people who have have recieved excellent CS and/or solution to their order problems and/or inquiries.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #259 of 294
Saintkeat, I'm in the UK. If you want me to call them in the morning to ask about your order, PM me. I already called them on behalf of someone else, and was able to get the information they wanted.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're not based in the UK?

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #260 of 294
No I'm not unfortunately but quite a bit of my family are including my sister.. However it's probably best if I call them myself to enquire.. Thanks for the offer though! You're really nice!!
I think it's quite ridiculous for me to wait so long in the dark while I'm staring at my credit card statement and the 200 quid has long been deducted!

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #261 of 294
Has anyone tried ordering from microwarehouse.co.uk They sell the IE8 for £174 (p&p included). Waiting time is about 7 working days. (4 days for them to receive stock from their supplier + 2-3 days for delivery.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #262 of 294
That is the lowest price I've seen them retail for! However, never heard of the seller/vendor/site; be sure to check they an authorised dealer and that their returns policy is decent to the consumer (some of these smaller companies try to adopt strict returns policies that, legally, they cannot enforce but which obviously would create hassle if you took it up against them).

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #263 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by jynjyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried ordering from microwarehouse.co.uk They sell the IE8 for £174 (p&p included). Waiting time is about 7 working days. (4 days for them to receive stock from their supplier + 2-3 days for delivery.

I tried the other day and it rejected my lloyds debit card as well as another of my freinds card. The site said 7 in stock at the time but its back at zero.

I am now trying play.com(uk), still no stock with them but 180 inc postage is better than amp3 (same as microwarehouse inc post). not sure when they will have stock.

If anyone else knows of any online source thats cheap and has stock please post it.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #264 of 294
Mar 2, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #267 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by jynjyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My payment through debit card (Solo) went through without a hitch.

lucky you. now i have to wait for another site to get stock

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #269 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by reminence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the amazon site is gamesincorporated.. sounds fishy and its more expensive than play and microwarehouse.

True, but not by much and you were asking for somewhere with them in stock so I thought it was worth the mention. Don't judge just by the name dude, though lol. If they are affiliated with Amazon as a 3rd party seller that gives them some credit to begin with to be approved. Secondly, they have a feedback of 96% positive from over 4000 transactions in the past 12 months. Thirdly, I've found a clutch of vendors through Amazon's marketplace that I've checked out that I now visit the website/online store of when pricing an item I'm after (handheldaudio; mymemory; themp3company to name a few off top of my head). Fourthly, some of the 3rd party sellers are high-street retailers that don't have online stores and so use Amazon as an online outlet to seel their wares. I wouldn't dismiss using that company just on it's name
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back