Opus DAC vs Buffalo DAC vs ??
Feb 24, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by denp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how would it be possible to connect DSD signal into the 2nd generation Buffalo ?

HDMI out from the SACD source unit?

You can feed DSD directly to any Buffalo, but HDMI has it encoded.
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 57
Quote:

I wonder how would it be possible to connect DSD signal into the 2nd generation Buffalo ?

Most likely the SACD signal is only available through the analog output.

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #19 of 57
Don't want to hijack this thread, but...

Quote:

You need to hack into either a player before the signal is encrypted or into a receiver (etc) after the signal is decrypted.

Quote:

Does anyone have an idea when we can be expecting the first batch of second generation Buffalos to appear?

I will post something today on our website.

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #22 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDonegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The standard version will be two channel, and incorporate two mono IVY II (enhanced version of the IVY) into the board.

Now that is something I was NOT expecting. Surely separate modules for I/V and linestage are a better option?

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #23 of 57
Quote:

The Buffalo tends to inspire tangent conversations - hence it may be considered a winner!

Probably
biggrin.gif
, but I was hoping that you would have some more ideas.. which DAC in that pricerange might be better?

Feb 26, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the same price range, absolutely none, 3x the price... still none that I've hard.

Did you build the balanced one you're selling? I think I'll have to keep an eye out for the Buffalo32 as I'm eager to get into DIY.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #26 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the same price range, absolutely none, 3x the price... still none that I've hard.

Do you mean the Buffalo, the Opus or both? I guess the Buffalo..
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you build the balanced one you're selling? I think I'll have to keep an eye out for the Buffalo32 as I'm eager to get into DIY.

Yes, I built it and it's wonderful. Buffalo32 won't be out for a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xTr3Me.aka.Chris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean the Buffalo, the Opus or both? I guess the Buffalo..
smily_headphones1.gif

Buffalo.

May 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by xTr3Me.aka.Chris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...so when i get the opus dac with usb receiver i have a quite nice dac for usage with a pc and i can use it with my soha via rca right?

It looks like Chris's question fell by the wayside. I am interested in the answer also.

Can you get single ended output directly from the OPUS board or do you need another converter/output board?

Thanks!

May 4, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mourip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you get single ended output directly from the OPUS board or do you need another converter/output board?

I remember reading that yes, you can - at least with a single OPUS board in stereo mode. Just connect the appropriate channel's signal to plus and gnd to gnd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back