OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Apr 12, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #46 of 533
I'll be reviewing it, coming direct from Audio Opus.

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #48 of 533
Apr 12, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #50 of 533
Do you have the #1 to compare it to?

Only #2 unfortunately, will see if where I start work tomorrow has one I can borrow though.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #54 of 533

I think Audio-Opus is going for a particular sound.

The Metal and the #2 and now the #3 all have wide stages full low end and treble that does not seem rolled.

Very nice sound and the EQ immediately degrades it IMO. Only DAP maker that consistently rolls out non EQ needing devices regardless of the DAC(s) used.

I agree, they all have superb SQ without EQ. I am very impressed by their DAP's and love my #2.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #55 of 533
Subbed

Looking forward for impressions
popcorn.gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #57 of 533
Burrbrown has a very meaty tonal body in my experiences, and I do like it too :D. Both BB and AK DAC are very close in timbres, and detailed freak people would always love ESS Sabres. Both BB and Sabres are very hard to implement, BB can easily be overly warmth and ESS can easily be overly bright....and AK is the friendly folk :D....that is just my own opinion though. We will see how the Opus #3 turn out to be

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #59 of 533

Quote:
My hopes is it would sound close to the ifi DSD Micro but in a small package. Same DACs does not mean same sound but I can only hope.

I have the iDSD BL with me too and that is a fairly good compare.

If you ever heard the OPUS Metal or #2 it is pretty similar. They are in fact apparently going for a particular sonic sig.  It has weight and depth. not thin or distant. I am going to make a point of pointing out flaws . I just got it and honestly it sounds really nice. But I will let the hammer falls when I see a nail.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #60 of 533
Burrbrown has a very meaty tonal body in my experiences, and I do like it too
biggrin.gif
. Both BB and AK DAC are very close in timbres, and detailed freak people would always love ESS Sabres. Both BB and Sabres are very hard to implement, BB can easily be overly warmth and ESS can easily be overly bright....and AK is the friendly folk
biggrin.gif
....that is just my own opinion though. We will see how the Opus #3 turn out to be

Guys, I own a reference sounding DAC/Amp on the PCM1795 though. This is my personal benchmark, not the 1792A but still from the family. 
Let's see how The Bit have cooked the DAP
wink.gif
.  Will be happy if it has the same sound signature, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back