OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Jun 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #273 of 533
Jun 24, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #274 of 533
This in addition to your X5 (ii and iii)?

Hey @AndrewH13 !

You also have an Opus #3? How do you feel about it?

In addition to X5ii for the moment. I don't have X5-3...

On its own, X5-3 was good, but the top end was too smooth for me.

Looking forward to Opus #3, and who knows, it has good chances of replacing even X5ii, following how much owners love it!

Jun 25, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #276 of 533
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2877.JPG

Show down at the Opus corral!

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #278 of 533
Hey @AndrewH13 !

You also have an Opus #3? How do you feel about it?

In addition to X5ii for the moment. I don't have X5-3...

On its own, X5-3 was good, but the top end was too smooth for me!

Don't own Opus #3, just keeping an eye on interesting sounding DAPs. Hope to have a listen next month at Canjam London.

Shall look out for your views as I know we share a similar liking of full range sound with no rolling off or boosted mid bass.

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #279 of 533
Don't own Opus #3, just keeping an eye on interesting sounding DAPs. Hope to have a listen next month at Canjam London.

Shall look out for your views as I know we share a similar liking of full range sound with no rolling off or boosted mid bass.

Sure! I will write a full in-depth review about Opus #3! Still waiting on it and with a bit of luck, I might get to compare it with #2 as well sometime in the future!

I would be glad if I can help you find your next DAP! Looking forward with great hope to hearing Opus #3!

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #280 of 533
Sure! I will write a full in-depth review about Opus #3! Still waiting on it and with a bit of luck, I might get to compare it with #2 as well sometime in the future!

I would be glad if I can help you find your next DAP! Looking forward with great hope to hearing Opus #3!

George, you are on a roll with reviews, bud!

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #282 of 533
my OCD is kicking in - while cleaning the #3 - i noticed that one of the screws at the bottom of the unit is not properly screwed in and is not resting flushed/at the same height as the case. :flushed:

got myself a jewel's screwdriver and screwed it in. It's now flushed but now it feels like it has a stripped screw and won't stop turning no matter long i screw it in :fearful::angry: quite disappointed :triumph:

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #283 of 533
And it arrived!

I gotta say, it is beautiful in real life!!

[Photos incoming]

A few questions to owners - I updated to the latest firmware today. Since my unit was not absolutely new, I didn't get the original USB cable, but USB DAC function works great nonetheless.

OTG works? If yes, does it need any settings? Did anyone experiment with this?

What does DSP mode do?

@AndrewH13 - The treble is good - energetic and lively, all there, at least upon first listening.

This thing has lots of power dudes! I wasn't expecting it to be this strong!

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #285 of 533
Hi

New to this thread
Is there a list of apps that i can sideload onto the Opus#3 that run okay with it etc?
And does anyone know if the bit will upgrade the bluetooth to apt x in a future update via firmware ala fiio x7?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back