OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming
Jun 23, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #257 of 533
Enjoy your (soon to be) unit! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!

I've been talking with the folks at Opus, they are pretty friendly!

Seems that shipping to Romania is much faster than I would had ever expected - Less than 3 days and it is in Romania! On the other hand, it won't be possible for me to actually get it until Monday since Romanian dues are closed during the weekend. Argh - curiosity is an itch that's hard to scratch

Opus #3 has just become a must have item for me to travel around with. The ability to play quality audio in connection with many other devices is pure awesomeness. External DAC and or USB digital transport!

That is one of the things I'm most looking forward do!

It also looks gorgeous in photos, that metal body and patterns seem really eye-candy!

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #262 of 533
Why would you need such a cable?

EDIT:

Scratch that - i just saw that the new firmware now supports USB out!

Yes, and that is why I have to make it ....lol. You can also use adapters from OTG cables

I still don't fully understand. . .

You basically want to connect a external DAC to #3? Wouldn't a typical OTG work for this?

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #264 of 533
My problem is that I need audiophile grades >_<

Oh, got you!

There are some folks who make very high quality cables out there - for OTG purposes I've been blessed with an OTG small thingy that came with the first FiiO X5 DAP, this OTG worked with everything so far including iDSD BL.

For a moment, I thought that Opus #3 needs a special cable or something similar to work, this is why I was at a loss.

I'll surely report on how Opus #3 works with a typical OTG cable!

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #265 of 533
This new updated firmware has addressed some issues and I think they are very very important toward sound performances:

1/ Sub bass is more controlled to me while retaining the unique blooms from BB. Bass overall is more controlled
2/ separations, layering also gain more benefits out of these changes. The soundstage has gained more width and depth, and it is very impressive now. In a sense the width is even more than my Wm1z out of Balanced
3/ trebles extensions are smoother while lower trebles has gained some more energies. Yet, it may still get bothering sometimes, but it is now more enjoyable than ever.
4/ USB out supported

Yes, to me these slight changes are very important and impressive. Opus 3 has become a must travel with item whenever I go. It has too much practicality and great performances to really not be thinking about it. Especially with the attentions to the firmware that the Bit has been rolling out. The Bit do listen to us, and that is too awesome

Now, it truly is an awesome DAP at an awesome price, and is breaking away from mid-tier performances. Unbelievable! I didn't think it would be possible for the Bit to do this to such extent

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #266 of 533
IMG_8026.JPG
Just updated the Opus#3 too. Looking forward to listening after Whitigir impressions.

Attachments

• IMG_2640.JPG
    IMG_2640.JPG
    951.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #267 of 533
USB out as in digital out? To drive external dac/amp like mojo? But you already have optical out? Sorry, haven't been following all these updates, too many daps in my review arsenal.

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #268 of 533
USB out as in digital out? To drive external dac/amp like mojo? But you already have optical out? Sorry, haven't been following all these updates, too many daps in my review arsenal.
That is what they said, and so far I have not tried it out yet....no cables lol....and too lazy making one. Probably next week

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #269 of 533
This new updated firmware has addressed some issues and I think they are very very important toward sound performances:

1/ Sub bass is more controlled to me while retaining the unique blooms from BB. Bass overall is more controlled
2/ separations, layering also gain more benefits out of these changes. The soundstage has gained more width and depth, and it is very impressive now. In a sense the width is even more than my Wm1z out of Balanced
3/ trebles extensions are smoother while lower trebles has gained some more energies. Yet, it may still get bothering sometimes, but it is now more enjoyable than ever.
4/ USB out supported

Yes, to me these slight changes are very important and impressive. Opus 3 has become a must travel with item whenever I go. It has too much practicality and great performances to really not be thinking about it. Especially with the attentions to the firmware that the Bit has been rolling out. The Bit do listen to us, and that is too awesome

Now, it truly is an awesome DAP at an awesome price, and is breaking away from mid-tier performances. Unbelievable! I didn't think it would be possible for the Bit to do this to such extent

Thank you for your impressions and notes about the update!!

I hope the top end is not too smooth - I like my top end to be really energetic!

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #270 of 533
Thank you for your impressions and notes about the update!!

I hope the top end is not too smooth - I like my top end to be really energetic!

It is smoother in comparison to what it was before. I don't mean that it is overall too smooth to other DAPs...not at all, it is very "the Bit" as in energetic, strongly sparkling and that listening to it on lower volume is great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back