Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #5,461 of 6,302
Hey,

To those who interested in changing ear pads on PM-3, just changed to "Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpad" bought it on amazon for $27.5, then I've removed stock from plastic clip that holds stock ear pad and mount new one with glue, the result:
seV956.jpg
Sound? It is way better than stock, there is more colors, it is still plain as I loved in stock, but more details, definitely. Hope this can help.
good job, they look great with those pads

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #5,464 of 6,302
Hey,

To those who interested in changing ear pads on PM-3, just changed to "Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpad" bought it on amazon for $27.5, then I've removed stock from plastic clip that holds stock ear pad and mount new one with glue, the result:
seV956.jpg
Sound? It is way better than stock, there is more colors, it is still plain as I loved in stock, but more details, definitely. Hope this can help.

Nicely done! I saw that amazon sells the same pads in leather for a few bucks more. Maybe I‘ll get them soon and try the same as you did!

Mar 6, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #5,465 of 6,302
Nicely done! I saw that amazon sells the same pads in leather for a few bucks more. Maybe I‘ll get them soon and try the same as you did!
Yep, I saw it, but decided to go with cheap one for start, did not found that anyone have done this modification before and $27 is not so much to try, leather variant is around $50, so almost twice more for test (=
I think next year I'll do the same - leather should improve sound a bit and should be more sturdy.

Mar 8, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #5,467 of 6,302
I once emailed Oppo UK for PM-3 replacement pads, they sold me 2 pads when I said I could replace them myself. They were not on their product page then. Pretty expensive too. Paid more for the synthetics + postage than what the above leather ones cost.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #5,468 of 6,302
Yep, I saw it, but decided to go with cheap one for start, did not found that anyone have done this modification before and $27 is not so much to try, leather variant is around $50, so almost twice more for test (=
I think next year I'll do the same - leather should improve sound a bit and should be more sturdy.
Now I got the angled sheep leather pads from Amazon. They sound exactly the same as the ones I bought from Alixpress but they are much more comfortable as the Memory foam is quite softer, so if anyone wants to upgrade the pads and also care about comfort you should invest a bit more and grab the Brainwavs from Amazon and not the ones for 8$ from Alixpress.

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #5,469 of 6,302
Now I got the angled sheep leather pads from Amazon. They sound exactly the same as the ones I bought from Alixpress but they are much more comfortable as the Memory foam is quite softer, so if anyone wants to upgrade the pads and also care about comfort you should invest a bit more and grab the Brainwavs from Amazon and not the ones for 8$ from Alixpress.
Which earpads did you exactly buy if I may ask? From what I've searched there's a few leather earpads from Brainwavz in amazon. I don't know which one would fit the PM-3.

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #5,470 of 6,302
Which earpads did you exactly buy if I may ask? From what I've searched there's a few leather earpads from Brainwavz in amazon. I don't know which one would fit the PM-3.
This is the angled sheep leather pad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J53WTUQ/ref=psdcmw_13880181_t2_B00ZY8PGJI
And this the same pad but with synthetic leather: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=psdcmw_13880181_t2_B01J53WTUQ

I guess they have the same sound and are as comfortable. It’s just if you want leather on your ears. If you don’t care, take the cheaper one :wink:
Just take care to order the angled version for greater soundstage!

Edit: oh, and I completely forgot: „welcome to headfi and sorry for your wallet“ :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #5,471 of 6,302
This is the angled sheep leather pad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J53WTUQ/ref=psdcmw_13880181_t2_B00ZY8PGJI
And this the same pad but with synthetic leather: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=psdcmw_13880181_t2_B01J53WTUQ

I guess they have the same sound and are as comfortable. It’s just if you want leather on your ears. If you don’t care, take the cheaper one :wink:
Just take care to order the angled version for greater soundstage!

Edit: oh, and I completely forgot: „welcome to headfi and sorry for your wallet“ :wink:
Thanks! As of right now still pretty new and I mostly lurk in the forum. And as for my wallet they're still fine, for now that is. I don't plan on getting new cans soon since my PM-3 is pretty nice already.

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #5,473 of 6,302
Deleted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back