1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions

First

Back
354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
Next

Last
  1. FastAndClean
    just fit them over the cups, but the nad viso hp50 and PSB M4U 2 / M4U 1 fit more tight and i like the sound better, they are similar size to the stock ones but with bigger openings

2. wilsonlaidlaw
    In other words you leave the original pads in place and fit the new leather pads from Aliexpress over the top of them. Does not that make the earphones very bulky?

3. FastAndClean
    no you remove the stock pads

wilsonlaidlaw likes this.
  4. davidcotton
    Anyone got any clue if the pm3's are being discontinued? Not listed on hifiheadphones uk, and only blue and red listed on amazon uk. Prices keep fluctuating as well which seems a little odd.

5. Slim1970
    They are still listed on Oppo’s website but only in the black color. I know the PM2’s were discontinued. So that leaves Oppo PM1 and PM3 as the only models available for purchase in the USA.

6. SteveOliver
    I was told by a stockist that they were unavailable to order from Oppo in the UK a month or so ago, if that's still the case then it looks like they may have been discontinued. Perhaps there is a new version coming out soon.

7. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Wireless Oppo headphone would be nice, really nice. I'm going to be hopeful.

8. noplsestar
    I hope they won‘t be implementing bluetooth and concentrate on optimizing the sound. But yeah, why not both :wink:

Sonic Defender likes this.
  9. PopZeus
    If Oppo wanted to make some quick money, they could release a BT receiver that could plug right into the PM-3's 3.5mm port. Even better, it could output a balanced signal...

Sonic Defender likes this.
  10. Sonic Defender Contributor
    My money is still on Oppo coming out with a Bluetooth dynamic portable headphone next. Far too much interest in wireless headphones now for any company to ignore, IMO.

SteveOliver likes this.
  11. Guppy_
    Ooh and leather too ! But they don't appear in their web page !

12. Satir
    Questions for PM-3 users. Is there replacement cable that can take PM-3 treble up a notch without changing PM-3 mid/bass? Don't want to mess with EQ can-of-worms. Use JRiver and a Chord Mojo. Need closed headphone with good blocking of outside sounds I hear easily inside my apartment. PM-3 seems only headphone in comfort, compact size, neutral sound signature and price range that may be ok with Country/Blues, Jazz, Jazz vocals and occasional pop music I enjoy. Your advice sure is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
  13. FastAndClean
    you can try some silver, from ebay

14. Slim1970
    I’ve got the moon audio blue dragon V3 Cable with mine. It seems to maintain the PM3’s sound signature and tonality while increasing clarity and dynamics. I like it a lot.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  15. q4x2
    Hey,

To those who interested in changing ear pads on PM-3, just changed to "Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpad" bought it on amazon for $27.5, then I've removed stock from plastic clip that holds stock ear pad and mount new one with glue, the result:
    [​IMG]
    Sound? It is way better than stock, there is more colors, it is still plain as I loved in stock, but more details, definitely. Hope this can help.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
First

Back
354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363
365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374
Next

Last