Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Jan 30, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #4,906 of 6,302
  Anyone know where I can buy some quality (but not overpriced) braided cables for my Oppo? 

Depends on what your definition of overpriced is, but Forza Audioworks has the highest quality braided cables at the best prices I've seen for aftermarket headphone cables.

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #4,914 of 6,302
  Looking to spend about $70-80 USD for a 6ft. 

You're not going to find anything from a shop for that cheap unless you look on eBay. If you are handy with the tools, you could probably build a cable for that price if you just buy some mogami cable, techflex, and connectors.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #4,915 of 6,302
You're not going to find anything from a shop for that cheap unless you look on eBay. If you are handy with the tools, you could probably build a cable for that price if you just buy some mogami cable, techflex, and connectors.

That's surprising. Headphone copper cables aren't rocket science. I wonder why there are no cheaper options. I thought $80 was being pretty reasonable.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #4,916 of 6,302

That's surprising. Headphone copper cables aren't rocket science. I wonder why there are no cheaper options. I thought $80 was being pretty reasonable.

With hand made cables you have to factor in labor. Buying decent components is probably going to cost around 60 bucks, and then a couple hours on assembly and braiding... It adds up quick. Forum member PeterK makes cables for pretty cheap, but I don't know if he's going to be that affordable.

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #4,917 of 6,302

I dont know what termination or length you are after, but the basic 4-strand braided cable from Forza can be had from 75€ upwards, pretty reasonable imo.
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=100

I have one of his mid priced cables for my HE-400i and absolutely love it, work of art :)

Only reason i dont have one for my PM-3 is that i want to build a balanced one myself.

I already got all the materials (took me only 3 Months to source all of them...) but have not even finished the braiding...
Srsly, even with the simple 4-strand round braid i lose the pattern a bit before 1m lenght all the time, and dont get back in.... back to start :p

And i dont exactly look forward to solder the 2,5mm 4pin connector either, jeez can those solder points be any smaller?

After experiencing all the pain in the rear end myself i feel that the prices are really reasonable, especially for the quality you get.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #4,918 of 6,302
Can't say enough good things about Konstantin and Lavricables. I love my braided pure silver cable from him. He'll make you an SE cable of you just talk to him on Facebook or message him on ebay.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/172326458348

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #4,919 of 6,302
After owning the pm3 for one year, replaced pads three months ago, I first time consider them comfortable now.
Even after replacement my right ear always started to hurt after an hour or so. Now this is surprisingly gone.
I can't imagine that pads could take this long to burn in, and I can't really explain this change of comfort. Nevertheless a great feeling now, and increased enjoyment with my hp

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #4,920 of 6,302
hello guys, a question, I had OPPO pm-3 a year. I've never been hit, to sound a bit 'boring, a bit' rounded high, medium and very advanced. I decided to buy the Bowers and Wilkins wireless p7, beautiful headphones, but down here are really too boomy, more of oppo .... I'm thinking of giving a chance to other oppo matching amp / DAC has-2 .... what do you think about it? This combination makes the oppo fun headphones and also widens the soundstage, or me to stay the p7 tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back