OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program
Jun 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #301 of 991
What's going on with unit #6? It's been 16 days since they've been received and I'm more than super excited to have my turn listening to these beauties!!! *insert anxiously waiting smiley*

Hey Army-Firedawg, unit #6 was mailed to you earlier this week. Sorry for being slow on the draw. 

More on the headphones soon.

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #302 of 991

I am interested in the loaner program. I have read and agree to the terms and conditions.

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #304 of 991

The PM-3 does not roll off in the bass. The response at 10 Hz is the same as at 100 Hz.

The cello does not produce sub-bass. The lowest note on a cello is the C string at about 65 Hz.

Large pipe organs with 32-foot pedal stops can produce 16 Hz. The PM-3 reproduces this cleanly and at the correct sound pressure level.

After carefully auditioning the PM-3 loaner with recordings selected to minimize the effects of microphones and mastering, I can now say that the PM-3 has the most accurate bass I've ever heard in 4 decades of listening to many different headphones.

To my ears, the PM-3 validates the research behind the Harman target curve, as it follows the curve very closely. With my eyes closed, the PM-3 transports me to the recording venue with no noticeable coloration.

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #305 of 991
Just received the unit, looks great. First thing I notice is the more "vocal" bass compared to my he-400i. Secondly the headset feels a bit tight. More listening to come for the rest of the week.

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #306 of 991
Received unit #6 finally late last night. The cleanliness of the sound really awe struck me then once I paired it with my Horizon 3 it really opened itself up. Gonna be a great week!!

Edit 1: The apple mic doesn't work upon receiving unit.

Edit 2: My unboxing video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhOwxrW3YE

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #308 of 991
Hello all hope everyone had a good 4th weekend. My time with these headphones have come to an end, really enjoyed them and will have both my video review and full written review posted by morning (I'll link them here via an edit). Just waiting on the info from Jiffy Squid so I may send it to the next lucky person on the list which looks to be sheldaze!! Hopefully they'll be on their way to you early tomorrow morning (on my way to work now).

Jul 6, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #309 of 991
I am interested in participating in the program! I agree to the terms and conditions. I've been looking at these headphones or the PSB M4U 1's based on a couple reviews, so I'd like to see how these perform in action before taking the plunge.

Jul 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #310 of 991
sheldaze Hello friend, just shipped it out to you!! Receptionist said youvshould receive it by thursday morning to afternoon. Enjoy, goodness knows I did.

Jul 8, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #313 of 991
Hi - 

I too am interested in participating in this program as I'm currently in the look out to replace my office closed - back headphones. If these fit the bill, they may very well be my next headphone purchase. I understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions. If I am too late to the 'party', I understand.

Yours,
Hugo Amaral

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #315 of 991
I agree to the terms and am interested in demoing this. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back