OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Apr 4, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #256 of 761
  Will be sending them to the next in line on Monday...It was a real pleasure that Oppo put together this, and make it happen, really a nice gesture, and one of the best headphones I have had my hands on, construction wise, they are built like a tank and extremely comfortable, detachable cable is a very good idea, and the cable is very well built as well...!!!!
I will not do a lengthily review, as honestly they didn't make it for me sound wise, and I hate to be a detractor on a very good attempt...and on top I'm not very good on reviews either...

My short impressions, a very well built headphone, the best probably I have ever seen, but sound wise left much to be desired for a planar drive IMHPO. I was expecting something a lot faster than my Editions, and that never happen...it may be good for many head-fiers that prefer a more darker, laid back sounding headphones, but not for the R-10, Editions, CD3K, or electrostatic lovers...whomever is looking for a forward presentation, and sparkling highs and deep bass, the Oppo will not be the answer...

Having said that, I'm still looking to replace my Editions...And hi-end headphones are not easy to audition in stores, so...keep on looking...

Thanks for the impressions.  I agree that they're not for people wanting a more forward sound.  They're on the warm side of neutral, which is part of their character.  

You might want to keep your eye on the ENIGMAcoustics Dharma.  (In order not to derail this thread, we can discuss in that thread if you've any questions.)

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #257 of 761

Thanks for the impressions.  I agree that they're not for people wanting a more forward sound.  They're on the warm side of neutral, which is part of their character.  

You might want to keep your eye on the ENIGMAcoustics Dharma.  (In order not to derail this thread, we can discuss in that thread if you've any questions.)

Looking for a closed headphone...open to me defeat the main purpose of headphone listening, isolation...will keep an eye, and thanks...we'll should not derail this thread...

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #258 of 761
Hi,

I would love to try the PM-2.  I agree to the terms and conditions.  Thanks!

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #262 of 761
I'd like to join the PM-2 loaner program. I agree to the terms and conditions. Thanks!

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #263 of 761
Picked up the PM-1 from the post office today and gave them a quick listen. First things first they are easily the single most comfortable headphones I have ever put on my head. EVER. Not even close. The sound so far is secondary even though from what I've heard so far is quite good but the comfort build quality and look is just sick. 10's all around. I recent purchased the new gear from OPPO the PM-3 and HA-2 so already the HA-2 pairs perfectly with it and I fear this is going to cause an immediate and swift shift in my priorities lol. 

I need these headphones in my life...

Now I just someone to tell me what the difference is between the PM-1 and PM-2's so any help would be great appreciated. 

More kinds words to come in a few days. Until then

beerchug.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #264 of 761
Yey I'm next :D.

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #265 of 761
I would like to thank the good folks at OPPO for the chance to audition their PM-2s.  The HPs are beautifully built, sound lovely and are extremely easy to drive. Unfortunately I must have a larger than average head as the clamping force of the PM-2s became uncomfortable for me in about an hour. Perhaps I am overly sensitive to such things as even the Sennheiser HD650s border on being uncomfortable to me. If OPPO designs something in the future for us "big headed" folks I would certainly like to give them another try.

Thanks again for the OPPO tunity. 

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #266 of 761
PM1 arrived today safe and sound, with denim carrying case, one set of long cable with 1/4 end only, and one extra set of pads. No burgandy box, no manual, no extra cables.
It wasn't a full retail box, yet It is indeed a very impressive presentation, I wonder how it'd look like with its own case, really tempted to buy one.
Just tried few songs (Lenovo yoga2pro Foobar --> Denon DA10--> Valhalla2-->PM1). It feels like PM1 is more focused and instruments are closer to me compared to Audeze EL8, even making EL8 sounds little diffused. But EL8's sound stage was larger. Treble and base is stronger with PM1 than EL8, with similar mid. More to come.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #267 of 761
  PM1 arrived today safe and sound, with denim carrying case, one set of long cable with 1/4 end only, and one extra set of pads. No burgandy box, no manual, no extra cables.
It wasn't a full retail box, yet It is indeed a very impressive presentation, I wonder how it'd look like with its own case, really tempted to buy one.
Just tried few songs (Lenovo yoga2pro --> Denon DA10--> Valhalla2-->PM1). It feels like PM1 is more focused and instruments are closer to me compared to Audeze EL8, even making EL8 sounds little diffused. But EL8's sound stage was larger. Treble and base is stronger with PM1 than EL8, with similar mid. More to come.

Looks like I'm up next on the Canadian tour, which is exciting. Hopefully my PM5s arrive from MP4Nation before then so I have something closed to compare to. Happy listening!

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #269 of 761

Users who are viewing this thread

Back