OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Jan 21, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #166 of 761

Cool, looking forward to it.

I'm going to have the same pair as you. Better not spit on them and rub them in mud just to spite me! 
angry_face.gif

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #167 of 761
  I'm going to have the same pair as you. Better not spit on them and rub them in mud just to spite me! 
angry_face.gif

I would never do that to a fellow Marylander.  A Virginian on the other hand...

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #168 of 761
Canada Post was able to recover the missing PM-1, so now we have two PM-1 units that we're using for the loaner program in Canada.

I've split the Canadian list into two separate lists, so we'll be able to get through it a bit faster now.

Thanks for your patience.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #171 of 761
As not to leave you guys hanging too long before my full review, I'll tell you this. I very much enjoy these. But I think people have been looking at them all wrong.
Just a little teaser, but I think a lot of people will be quite intrigued by what I have to say. Just need to do a few more test to prove my theory.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #172 of 761
As not to leave you guys hanging too long before my full review, I'll tell you this. I very much enjoy these. But I think people have been looking at them all wrong.
Just a little teaser, but I think a lot of people will be quite intrigued by what I have to say. Just need to do a few more test to prove my theory.

Looking forward to full review and how we have been "looking" at them all wrong.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #173 of 761
  Canada Post was able to recover the missing PM-1, so now we have two PM-1 units that we're using for the loaner program in Canada.

I've split the Canadian list into two separate lists, so we'll be able to get through it a bit faster now.

Thanks for your patience.

i confirm receipt of cdn #2 just a few minutes ago.  looking forward to starting my evaluation of the pm-1s (using grace m920) later today.
thnx again, Jiffy Squid/Oppo.

just as an aside, i was quite surprised at the size of the overall package ... quite small ... even more surprised at how compact the earpads are. however, i won't let appearances pre-bias any evaluation regarding fit.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #174 of 761

i confirm receipt of cdn #2 just a few minutes ago.  looking forward to starting my evaluation of the pm-1s (using grace m920) later today.
thnx again, Jiffy Squid/Oppo.

just as an aside, i was quite surprised at the size of the overall package ... quite small ... even more surprised at how compact the earpads are. however, i won't let appearances pre-bias any evaluation regarding fit.

Do they stay around ear? or on ear?!!
If they are too small to be fitted around ear, I will be disappointed :frowning2:

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #176 of 761

If they are too small to be fitted around ear, I will be disappointed :frowning2:

Over the ear! I have big ears and they fit comfortably!

Erm. The ear cups are far from large. But you should be able to cram most ears in there. However, if your ears stick out from your head, the cups aren't very deep, so that might bug you. My ears actually touch the inside, but it is hardly noticeable and does not bother me. In fact, these are among the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #178 of 761

my right ear is noticeably larger than my left & i have experienced 'fit' issues with quite a few hps (hd600, hd650, rs160, he560, hfi780, mdrds6500).  of the phones i've tried, only the hd800 and esp950 are issue-free.  that said, the pm-1 is a snug fit for me, but my ears fit inside the cups - however, i listened to both music and tv last nite for around 8hr with occasional breaks lasting from a couple mins to a half-hr.  at the end, my ears were relieved to be free of the cups, but they did not hurt.  i will attempt another long session today & for the balance of the week.

i'll start posting some impressions soon in the pm-1 thread.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #179 of 761

my right ear is noticeably larger than my left & i have experienced 'fit' issues with quite a few hps (hd600, hd650, rs160, he560, hfi780, mdrds6500).  of the phones i've tried, only the hd800 and esp950 are issue-free.  that said, the pm-1 is a snug fit for me, but my ears fit inside the cups - however, i listened to both music and tv last nite for around 8hr with occasional breaks lasting from a couple mins to a half-hr.  at the end, my ears were relieved to be free of the cups, but they did not hurt.  i will attempt another long session today & for the balance of the week.

i'll start posting some impressions soon in the pm-1 thread.

I have the exact same thing! Thought I was the only one 
beerchug.gif

Of all the headphones in my sig, only the X1, MA900 and now the HE-560 [current pads are much thicker than early ones!] were a perfect fit.
I suspected HD800/700 might be other HPs that'd fit me.
Good to know, thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #180 of 761
  I have the exact same thing! Thought I was the only one 
beerchug.gif

Of all the headphones in my sig, only the X1, MA900 and now the HE-560 [current pads are much thicker than early ones!] were a perfect fit.
I suspected HD800/700 might be other HPs that'd fit me.
Good to know, thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

you're welcome.

at first glance, it sure looked like the pads would be way too small for me --- not the case.  nothing like a home trial with long listening sessions to verify fit/comfort levels.
still, ymmv ... the earpad opening does seem to be on the smaller side (amongst recent hi$$ phones) and interested parties need to try these out for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back