OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Jan 13, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #151 of 761

Canada Post lost the package. A replacement set of headphones for the loaner program is already en route to Battlescarze.

Ah thats too bad...Canada Post is usually great for me. Thanks for the quick reply

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #154 of 761
I would like to audition/demo the PM-1...I live in US, and plenty of members here know me. I have been a long time Oppo customer, currently own two players from you...if it is not too late, please just include me......please!!!!

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #156 of 761
 Canada Post lost the package. A replacement set of headphones for the loaner program is already en route to Battlescarze.

Wow, that's unfortunate.  Which brings me to the question:  When we ship our packages, should we add insurance and signature confirmation?

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #157 of 761
Can I get on the list again for the PM-1s, and have them ship to me for an eternity? lol. But I just got them today and I am so far really enjoy them. Still trying to find a reason to take a $1100 plunge. I'll get back to y'all on that.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #159 of 761
Ended up buying a pair from a local dealer, no need to borrow!

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #160 of 761
I would love to try the PM-1. I'm located in CONUS, and I agree to the terms and conditions. :)

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #161 of 761
Wow! What a gesture by Oppo! I was scouting the web for reviews on the PM-1 a few days ago and today came across this post. I will truly appreciate a loaner unit to hear it.
I agree to the terms of the program. Thank you Oppo!!!

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #163 of 761
  I had a chance to briefly demo these at Chi Un Fi in the summer of 2014. I also was not impressed with the PM-1. I spent maybe 15-20 minutes with both the PM-1's and the HE-560 from Hifiman. I found the Hifiman to be better all around. But talking to the reps from Oppo, apparently the PM-2 and the PM-1 have the same sound. They just use some cheaper materials and manufacturing techniques to hit a lower price point. OCC cables instead of OFC, Substituting out metals for nice plastic (I think). Cheaper materials for pads, etc. But they didn't touch the sound of the PM-1. And to during my brief listening, I'd agree. The PM-2 entices me because it is priced aggressively.

There might be differences. Maybe the Oppo reps misunderstood, or I remember incorrectly, and the PM-1's and 2's share magnetics much like the HE-500 and HE-6 do. But they could be very different headphones. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were identical when you strip away everything but the drivers.

Unfortunately, I was only able listen to the PM-2 without my own music or without a proper DAC or Amp, so it was hard to judge. I signed up for this program to give them some serious head time before I form an opinion.

Any updated thoughts?

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #165 of 761
They unfortuneately haven't hit my doorstep yet but are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
I plan on doing a full and very detailed review. If something comes up and I don't get to it, I'll be sure to leave some quick thoughts.

Cool, looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back