Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #3,361 of 3,729
  Anyone pairing PM-1 with dekstop tube amp here?
redface.gif

Sounds unbelievable with a Feliks Audio Elise here, though a bit underpowered for my tastes, I have to turn the volume to 2:00 to get my preferred level.

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #3,362 of 3,729
Crowd Wisdom?

So, fellow addicts, what would you do if you suddenly found your headphone cupboard bare and had $2,000 lying around to replenish it with one solid setup?

- PM-1 and HA-1
- PM-2 with pad upgrade and HA-1
- HD800 with existing LDMKIV and Objective 2 amps

Existing sources: CA DacMagic, Onkyo C-5VL SACD player, Marantz CD5004, IOS devices streaming Apple Music

Sticking to this list, I'd go with ...

- PM-2 with pad upgrade and HA-1

(i own the PM-1, HA-1 and HD800, of the gear considered.)

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #3,364 of 3,729
  What's DAC or player you use to feed Feliks? Thanks for sharig, I will check for it
biggrin.gif

I've used Audioquest Dragon Fly, Schiit Modi, Audeze Deckard, Prism Lyra, Metric Halo ULN-8, Aune T1 mk II, Fiio X3, Fiio X5, off the top of my head, I have a bunch.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #3,365 of 3,729
guys this thread is so so quiet for a headphone that to me is the best sounding headphone i ever owned

all love to oppo pm1

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #3,367 of 3,729
Definitely a sweet sounding headphone and there are a few reasons for thread being quiet; 1st, we've all been told that the PM-2 is just as good and with the price difference most are going to go for that. 2nd, lots of complaints about the soundstage which I don't agree with. 3rd, very few are breaking and when you don't have qc issues no reason to come on forums because you're busy enjoying your music:)

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #3,368 of 3,729
Hi - I've been using my Oppo PM-1's with the Centrance Hi Fi M8 and recently got the Centrance HiFi Skyn - both of which I like a lot.

But I'm curious to know how this sounds with the Chord Mojo. Any thoughts or impressions? Is the CHord mojo a worthy investment / upgrade vs. the CEntrance HiFi M8 or Hi FI Skyn?

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,369 of 3,729
  Hi - I've been using my Oppo PM-1's with the Centrance Hi Fi M8 and recently got the Centrance HiFi Skyn - both of which I like a lot.

But I'm curious to know how this sounds with the Chord Mojo. Any thoughts or impressions? Is the CHord mojo a worthy investment / upgrade vs. the CEntrance HiFi M8 or Hi FI Skyn?

I don't have the Entrance M8 but the Mojo is a beast with pretty much anything.

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #3,370 of 3,729
  guys this thread is so so quiet for a headphone that to me is the best sounding headphone i ever owned

all love to oppo pm1

Maybe not the best but most lovely headphone instead
tongue.gif

Have PM-1 since June 2014, and still my most reliable full size till now. (Comfort to use, pleasing and non fatigue sound, built like a tank)

Definitely a sweet sounding headphone and there are a few reasons for thread being quiet; 1st, we've all been told that the PM-2 is just as good and with the price difference most are going to go for that. 2nd, lots of complaints about the soundstage which I don't agree with. 3rd, very few are breaking and when you don't have qc issues no reason to come on forums because you're busy enjoying your music:)

Heheh the third one is spot on.

I used to have PM-1 and M8 combo for around a year. Nice sound there. But mojo is clearly a step up in overall SQ (well, maybe 2-3 step actually), and I like Mojo even more than Hugo for PM-1 (more musical and full body sound), I like it with foam latex pad. Have tried sooo many set up, but PM-1 + Mojo is still my daily set up that I can listen everyday and always bring smile everytime I hear them singing,

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #3,371 of 3,729
oppo pm1 is the only full size headphone i tried and i can not even pinpoint one negative thing about it, its simply to me the best I heard

and i heard alot of totl headphones

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #3,373 of 3,729

I used to have PM-1 and M8 combo for around a year. Nice sound there. But mojo is clearly a step up in overall SQ (well, maybe 2-3 step actually), and I like Mojo even more than Hugo for PM-1 (more musical and full body sound), I like it with foam latex pad. Have tried sooo many set up, but PM-1 + Mojo is still my daily set up that I can listen everyday and always bring smile everytime I hear them singing,

Wow - that good huh! Well, I'm sold ... and in case I haven't bought a new toy in a while :) I'm going to go and try out the Chord Mojo with the PM-1 soon and hopefully I'll come home with a new toy!!

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #3,374 of 3,729
Mojo highlights the details especially the highs - you won't miss them. My secondary listening rig is Mojo>Lyr 2>PM-2. If PM-1 sounds like PM-2 as may say, then this is a good combo. I haven't heard PM-2 this good.

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #3,375 of 3,729
I just received AKG K712, which most people don't find fatiguing, but something in the mids or highs does cause fatigue to me. :frowning2:

The Sennheiser HD650's for example does not fatigue me at all (also not on louder volumes).

Can the Oppo PM-1 be considered more detailed as the HD650 while being just as non-fatiguing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back