Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Nov 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #617 of 2,563

That's an achievement if you were wearing them.

lol...I had them sitting next to me on the bed unfortunately. Thankfully it looks as though they survived the blast

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #618 of 2,563
Ok I am going to speculate like the rest of us here..

The box and packaging tells me its not going to be cheap. Look at the padding, they look like an expensive jewellery case. I have bought headphones that had similar boxes like these and they are all expensive. Even the top cover has padding all around that are connected to the bottom. This is not going to cheap. Distributing a heavy wooden box all over the world of this quality is never cheap. I am expecting in the LCd-2 range. Just base on the beautiful box alone (if it really comes with it), this product is likely to be position as a high end product to target audiophile community.

This box is as high end as LCD-3, Legendary Sony R10, Stax SR009

What do you guys think?

12.jpg

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #619 of 2,563

The box and packaging tells me its not going to be cheap. Look at the padding, they look like an expensive jewellery case. I have bought headphones that had similar boxes like these and they are all expensive. Even the top cover has padding all around that are connected to the bottom. This is not going to cheap. Distributing a heavy wooden box all over the world of this quality is never cheap. I am expecting in the LCd-2 range. Just base on the beautiful box alone (if it really comes with it), this product is likely to be position as a high end product to target audiophile community.

What do you guys think?

I agree for the most part, but my question is: has anyone verified that the pictured packaging is how it will be sold? How do we know that its not just pretty packaging for the trade shows?

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #620 of 2,563

Turns out that the version I have is the same as Jude's which I've already heard. When I return these pair back to the distributor, I'll see if I can take a listen to the updated version in their office or show room (so that means they have a few different iterations of the PM1 with them!).

Dude you are very lucky indeed I live in Chile and Oppo does not sell a thing here so I have to wait until amazon or another decent store decides to sell it

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #621 of 2,563
I think they should price it below 500.00 to get people interested in the brand. Then when they get a following they should make a mk2 or a higher end version and charge accordingly. Its not that Oppo has a history in the headphone market. This is there first product in this market and we dont need another JPS Labs Abyss.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #622 of 2,563
It looks expensive. I'm guessing $1,500 - 2k

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #623 of 2,563

What do you guys think?

12.jpg

Well isn't that just the final nail in the coffin for any hope of affordability with this headphone.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #626 of 2,563

I am sorry.

We could still hang on the notion that it's just for display purposes, and it's not in fact the box it'll be shipped in. 
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #629 of 2,563
  Lol does anybody else find it funny how people's view of a product changes so much when it's pictured in a fancy box 
tongue.gif

I guess marketing is king.

Exactly why people pay marketing people so much money to do very little........................

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #630 of 2,563
  Lol does anybody else find it funny how people's view of a product changes so much when it's pictured in a fancy box 
tongue.gif

I guess marketing is king.

Yep,

Just two months ago I received my JBL LSR305 speaker monitors. The monitors were double box at the factory and the inside box was in full color. It was a nice touch for such an low cost monitors that happens to sound great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back