OPPO Introduces Sonica: A $299 High Fidelity Wi-Fi Speaker
Oct 1, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #91 of 148
  The Sonica is shipping, but the Sonica Grand is not yet shipping. The Grand can heard at the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival next week and at our office in Menlo Park.

what is est release date for the Grand?

thanks...only recently heard of the 'grand'...and on your website there aren't any specs of how it differs from the reg sonica?
https://www.oppodigital.com/sonica-grand/

basically a larger version?...also considering the
Bluesound series pulse or pulse2 or pulse mini...
Denon Heos...B&W zeppelin air.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #92 of 148
There are some major changes to the design of the Sonica Grand, including how many speakers and the type of speakers used in the cabinet. We will have full specifications available on the Monday after next most likely as to allow the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival attendees to get to experience the product and get the full details before the general public.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #93 of 148
I was about ready to pull the trigger on the sonoca but I'll stand by for details on the grand

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #95 of 148
You have to remember that European pricing is substantially higher than our own when you convert the currency, but on part if you just look at the numbers. For example, the HA-2SE is $299 in the US but £289 in Europe.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #97 of 148
So when will you be able to tell us:
  • US price in USD
  • what's better/different with the Sonica Grand vs "regular" Sonica?

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #98 of 148
You should have more details at the Rocky Mountain Audio Show this Thursday through Saturday, and likely a website update on Monday. I personally will not be releasing anything official (price, release date, specification) until the website has the final specifications as we want the community to get this information first hand while at the Rocky Mountain Audio Show and spearhead the conversations on the forums.

Oct 5, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #99 of 148
You should have more details at the Rocky Mountain Audio Show this Thursday through Saturday, and likely a website update on Monday. I personally will not be releasing anything official (price, release date, specification) until the website has the final specifications as we want the community to get this information first hand while at the Rocky Mountain Audio Show and spearhead the conversations on the forums.

I will be at RMAF this weekend- looking forward to hearing the Sonica/Grand.

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #101 of 148
Walked into the Oppo room at RMAF today and heard Dire Straits... rounded the corner and sure enough, the Grand was being demoed. A very impressive device indeed. I was surprised by the imaging/soundstage coming from a device with a rather narrow physical footprint. Bass extension was impressive too for the size. I asked for a demo of the regular Sonica as one was positioned directly opposite in the room to the Grand. It did not disappoint either. Physically quite a bit smaller and bass didn't extend as low but very impressive as well.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #102 of 148
Walked into the Oppo room at RMAF today and heard Dire Straits... rounded the corner and sure enough, the Grand was being demoed. A very impressive device indeed. I was surprised by the imaging/soundstage coming from a device with a rather narrow physical footprint. Bass extension was impressive too for the size. I asked for a demo of the regular Sonica as one was positioned directly opposite in the room to the Grand. It did not disappoint either. Physically quite a bit smaller and bass didn't extend as low but very impressive as well.

thanks....also i guess for 1k-1200 it should sound impressive...
looking forward to price point, release dates and reviews against the competition

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #104 of 148
  The Sonica Grand should retail for $699 and hopefully be out November-December.

great to hear it..many thanks....that's a more reasonable price...but add 25-30% since i'm a canuck
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back